IGNORED

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest and Super Circus AtariAge w/PokeyONE in the AtariAge Store

Albert

I'm finally back from PRGE, and I've added leftover copies of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest and Super Circus AtariAge with a built in PokeyONE board to the AtariAge Store! We only have a small number of these at the moment, but do plan on getting a larger number of PokeyONE boards soon so we can offer PokeyONE versions of all the 7800 homebrews that support POKEY audio. :)

You can find them here:

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest (PokeyONE Included)

Super Circus AtariAge (PokeyONE Included)

scaa_bbcq_boxes.jpg

This is a great way to get copies of these games without having to dig up a POKEY chip or Ballblazer cart and send it to us!

..Al

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SlidellMan said:

You, sir, have done the homebrew community a favor. Maybe we could have these chips available for those who still have the salvaged Ballblazer carts?

I can only sell the PokeyONE when included as part of a game, as another vendor has an agreement to sell them as standalone boards.

..Al

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Albert said:

I'm finally back from PRGE, and I've added leftover copies of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest and Super Circus AtariAge with a built in PokeyONE board to the AtariAge Store! We only have a small number of these at the moment, but do plan on getting a larger number of PokeyONE boards soon so we can offer PokeyONE versions of all the 7800 homebrews that support POKEY audio. :)

You can find them here:

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest (PokeyONE Included)

Super Circus AtariAge (PokeyONE Included)

scaa_bbcq_boxes.jpg

This is a great way to get copies of these games without having to dig up a POKEY chip or Ballblazer cart and send it to us!

..Al

I got a Pokey Bentley Cart on ebay.

I’ve only gotten to level 2 yet, but I’ll rate it:

‘Bentley Bears Crystal Quest:

9,5/10

from first impressions.

Graphics: 9,5/10

Sound: 9,5/10

Playability: 9/10

Lastability: ? 8/10 ?

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

Basically:

For all POKEY games in the AA store, you should notice no difference.

For my sound experiments which require the I/O stuff ... SKCTLS... won't work yet.  This is being addressed.

My other POKEY experimental techniques ... maybe.  The jury is still out, they need testing on a PokeyONE.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Synthpopalooza said:

Basically:

For all POKEY games in the AA store, you should notice no difference.

For my sound experiments which require the I/O stuff ... SKCTLS... won't work yet.  This is being addressed.

My other POKEY experimental techniques ... maybe.  The jury is still out, they need testing on a PokeyONE.

I presume you’ve been in contact with @shupac - he’s local to me (we had lunch a few weeks ago) and not that far from you. You two should work together on this if you’re not already. :)

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 1:26 AM, john_q_atari said:

Order placed! I assume with the pokeyone that the game and sounds is indistinguishable from the game containing a real pokey? 

Agreed. I bought a PokeyOne Super Circus at the show last week and compared to my original Pokey I bought from AA a few years ago and my 51 y.o. ears cannot tell a difference at all! Amen for PokeyOne! :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Albert said:

More will be coming. 

..Al

Will these games have an option to be sold without a box?

I am happy though these games are using Pokeyone instead of taking a sound chip out a Ballblazer cart.

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 8th lutz said:

Will these games have an option to be sold without a box?

Not sure, I have a lot of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest and Super Circus AtariAge boxes I'd like to sell.  Since sales of these games have been hamstrung by the lack of an easily available POKEY option until now, I'd like to sell more boxed copies of the games before I make a cart/manual version available.

..Al

17 minutes ago, Albert said:

Not sure, I have a lot of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest and Super Circus AtariAge boxes I'd like to sell.  Since sales of these games have been hamstrung by the lack of an easily available POKEY option until now, I'd like to sell more boxed copies of the games before I make a cart/manual version available.

..Al

Keep it comin’

And ... if possible considering time, energy and other such things, PokeyOne Donkey Kong (the 4 level

version) and PokeyOne Froggie would be very welcome in-stock additions too.

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Giles N said:

Keep it comin’

And ... if possible considering time, energy and other such things, PokeyOne Donkey Kong (the 4 level

version) and PokeyOne Froggie would be very welcome in-stock additions too.

I can tell you that Albert got a C & D from Nintendo for Selling princess Rescue for the Atari 2600 back in 2013. Nintendo allowed the rom of Princess Rescue to be downloaded, but did not want the game itself to be for sale.

Albert also had to take down Atari 2600 hacks that were from Atari 2600 Nintendo games.

The problem with Princess Rescue was the 2600 game actually a Super Mario Brothers/Super Mario World game for the 2600. Princess Rescue had a Super Mario Soundtrack, and all characters from Super Mario bros. Nintendo was not happy that game due to the soundtrack, and the Characters used. Princess Rescue had a lot of coverage from youtube and the video game media due to it being an attempt to do a Super Mario Brothers game for the Atari 2600. Nintendo knew about the game was for sale as a result.

Based one what happened with Princess Rescue, I would not be surprised if Albert does not sell the Pokeyone Donkey Kong.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, 8th lutz said:

I can tell you that Albert got a C & D from Nintendo for Selling princess Rescue for the Atari 2600 back in 2013. Nintendo allowed the rom of Princess Rescue to be downloaded, but did not want the game itself to be for sale.

Albert also had to take down Atari 2600 hacks that were from Atari 2600 Nintendo games.

The problem with Princess Rescue was the 2600 game actually a Super Mario Brothers/Super Mario World game for the 2600. Princess Rescue had a Super Mario Soundtrack, and all characters from Super Mario bros. Nintendo was not happy that game due to the soundtrack, and the Characters used. Princess Rescue had a lot of coverage from youtube and the video game media due to it being an attempt to do a Super Mario Brothers game for the Atari 2600. Nintendo knew about the game was for sale as a result.

Based one what happened with Princess Rescue, I would not be surprised if Albert does not sell the Pokeyone Donkey Kong.

Good point.

I thought no-one cared about these titles (except old-timer-gamers and new-gen.retro-gamers, ie fairly specialized hobbyists) since its so old stuff, but I certainly see your point if Nintendo actually bothers to do actions of this sort.

(Not sure if it will help their old-school-gamer-community reputation, but whatever).

Anyway, those titles that are pokey, and practically unproblematic; very nice to have them available in the store.

I’m not into this to ‘rob’ Nintendo; I actually have the original 7800 Mario Bros, DK, and Jr.DK - Mario Bros x1  and Jr.DK x 1 for PAL, Mario Bros and Jr.DK x 1 for NTSC and DK x 2 for NTSC... as to buying ‘original’ used carts from the 80ies.

Edited by Giles N