IGNORED

In your opinion, what's the best Apollo game?

Atariperson23

Apollo was one of the first gaming companies. They say Apollo is just as bad as Sancho/Panda/Froggo, but I know that they must've had one good game. I mean, even the aforementioned Sancho/Panda/Froggo made two good games (Sea Hawk, Dice Puzzle) So i'm asking you guys, what's your favorite Apollo game, if any?

My favorite is Infiltrate. Excellent twitch/zone game with groovy graphics and great gameplay. Bought it as a young'n at the Eagle grocery store in the Chicago suburbs. A game I still play and enjoy to this day.   :love:

I also like Spacechase and have fond memories playing it BITD. The scrolling planet graphic was awesome for the VCS, sound effects are cool (especially the explosions) and the game was/is fun... for a while anyway.

• Like 3

Hands down it has to be Space Cavern for me. It's your standard move-around-the-bottom-of-the-screen-and-shoot-at-things game but the graphics coupled with the sounds make for something special. It'd say that both Shark Attack/Lockjaw and Infiltrate are pretty decent as well, though more in short bursts.

• Like 2

I've not played all of their games, but the one I did spend the most time with as a kid and later on was Infiltrate. As mentioned, it does wear thin fast, but I love the explosive effects, sounds, the tension of waiting for an elevator to descend when a robot is on the other side and you're both shooting at each other to see who will hit first. It seems like the kind of game that would have done well to get an expanded sequel on the Atari 7800. 

Kudos to Shark Attack/Lochjaw as well - yeah it was a Pac-Man ripoff, but at least it went about it in a fun way.

• Like 2

I have always enjoyed lost luggage. Sure the idra is cheasy but it is all about the gameplay. Oh and if you do not have a small controller known as the pro stick this game is hard as nails however the pro stick has its own flaw. If you press the stick to hard it pushes the contacts to far and you stop moving. Guh thats what always kills me. Never found anything better though.

• Like 1

I owned Shark Attack, Infiltrate, Final Approach and Wabbit back in the day.  Out of those four, my favorite was Shark Attack.  It has the tricky maze maneuvering that was frustrating sometimes but I liked the unpredictability of the shark and Nessie.  Infiltrate was ok for short bursts.  I really wanted to like Wabbit but found it kind of dull.  Graphics were good though.

I bought Final Approach for my dad since it was a more relaxed title that I thought he would enjoy, much like Bowling and Bridge, that he only played. We ended up both hating it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ventrra said:

As far as I'm concerned, the only actual bad games are Racquetball and Skeet Shoot. 

Haha, I have max scores on both of those, so I like them!!!

(Lying, they both kinda stink really...Do have max scores tho).

I actually looked thru all their titles because of this thread-Guardian looks interesting, tho I admit I've never played it, I may give it a go tomorrow.

Final Approach is cool, I remember trying it in the past, very difficult.

Infiltrate and Shark Attack can be easily cheesed out, takes some of the fun away...

Edited by Rogerpoco

1. Shark Attack! (crazy unpredicitable is good)

2. Lost Luggage

3. Infiltrate

4. Final Approach

5. Racquetball

Cant stand Space Cavern, its sound effects, graphics and gameplay all irritate me. Even when it speeds up, its still way worse then 2600's usual repetitive nature.

Never played Guardian or Wabbit.

Spacechase. Space Cavern is a better game, but for nostalgia's sake, I have to go with Spacechase.

Racquetball was an interesting experiment, but they really exceeded their reach with that one. It's effectively unplayable. Decent music though.

Edited by Nathan Strum

Guardian is the most original.  I had Infiltrate back in the day (traded a friend for it) and thought it was fun in short bursts.  I didn't have much experience with Apollo games back in the day, so they all seem pretty bad to me since I have no nostalgia for them.

Guardian is the only one I play with any amount of regularity. While Apollo was by no means Zimag, Froggo or Mythicon, their games can best be described as 'forgettable'.

Some of them are okay-ish, a couple are decent, but most are far less fun than tons of other options to be found in the library

• Like 1