IGNORED

An odd find

Mehridian Sanders

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

I have not run into an ATAPI or SCSI drive which needs a driver, though most offer some level of advanced features, such as encryption, data wipe, icons, diagnostics, and so on.  Externals, though, are usually parallel port and you definitely need a driver for those.

For systems that know ATAPI and SCSI, yes, but ATAPI is not exactly the same command set as ATA, I don't think the sector read/write functions work the same way. https://wiki.osdev.org/ATAPI

On 10/26/2019 at 6:34 PM, sixersfan105 said:

Yep, I use an SCSI Zip drive on my Macintosh SE/30 and a USB Zip drive on a current Mac, making it a great way to transfer files over. That said, SD carts like the FinalGROM99 and other options already mentioned make it so this is unnecessary on the TI-99/4A, but thought I'd chime in that you weren't far off with your idea, @Mehridian Sanders!

Thank you kindly. Least I have a drive to throw up on Ebay. After I find a way to get the disk out of it.

2 hours ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

Thank you kindly. Least I have a drive to throw up on Ebay. After I find a way to get the disk out of it.

The metal loop at the upper-left of the drive is a manual eject pull.  Loop a paper clip around it and pull gently.  The drive will eject.

• Like 1