IGNORED

How is the better option for have mutiples enemys ?

dufabricio

I'm a newbie in batari basic, so i just realize that i cannot have 4 or 5 enemys in the screen using Standard kernel, is it correctly ?

if i got it, i should use DPC+ or Multisprite.

The DPC+ seems the better option, because i could have missile with height with mutiple lines.

However, i will need specific hardware for it.  Since i intent to make a comercial game, what will be the impact of this choose.  

Could i produce a cart with specific hardware that supports DPC+. I can test it using the Harmony Cart with SD ?

Note. I did already set the kernel rom to 32K .

Option #1   DPC+ is AtariAge technology.  So, I'd consider getting a subscription for the discount when ordering carts.

Option #2   The multi sprite kernel allows you to use 1 real sprite and 5 other "time shared" virtual sprites and can use boards from anywhere.  But, there are gotchas and quirks in my opinion.

UPDATE:  In either case sprite flickering can become an issue.  So, you might think having over 5 sprites is great.. until you see how badly they flicker when on the same horizontal plane.

I do recall that DPC+ hardware will run you extra costs when publishing though. Short answer yes DPC+ will basically give you the most of what bB has to offer.

Depends more on what type of game you're planning and knowing the systems limitations and bB (yes bB has limitations of it's own). RT has a brilliant page that covers everything you will need to get your feet wet.

Like said before, the biggest concern with virtual sprites is flicker, when on the same horizontal plane. However knowing the limitations and using some crafty planning you can minimize the amount of flicker, although some cases it's unavoidable.