IGNORED

Defender of the Crown for Intellivision Reservation List

Elektronite

2 hours ago, stupus said:

Its confusing as exactly 12 is not am or pm. Its midnight or noon. Exactly 12 cant be before or after 12. Lol

Best to always say noon or midnight.

On 11/4/2019 at 4:05 PM, intvsteve said:

November 15th, 2019 at 12pm BANGKOK TIME (GMT +7)

12pm == 12 noon. 

I'm confused about what's confusing about that.

7 hours ago, intvsteve said:

12pm == 12 noon. 

I'm confused about what's confusing about that.

I understand the logic behind it, but I still find this system not satisfying because 1pm follows 12pm which follows 11am... But I guess people who don't use the metric system are used to that kind of mental gymnastics.

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I understand the logic behind it, but I still find this system not satisfying because 1pm follows 12pm which follows 11am... But I guess people who don't use the metric system are used to that kind of mental gymnastics.

While there are definite advantages to using a 24-hour clock vs the 12-hour clock (my wife prefers 24-hour clocks), the 24-hour clock isn't metric either.  It's just a different non-metric system, like how the US pints and British pints are different sizes.

16 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

Ask your self what is the very next second after 12.  At noon it is PM. At midnight it is AM.

8 hours ago, intellivotion said:

it's quite easy to remember that 12:00pm is noon and not midnight for those who have studied Latin (AM = ante meridiem, PM = post meridiem)

If you have to ask yourself questions or study Latin to remember which one is which, it just proves my point. ?
(plus I don't see how Latin helps since midnight and every hour except noon is both before and after noon at the same time)

14 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I still get dusk and dawn mixed up.  Somehow I made it through the first half of my life never using either term and almost never hearing them.  Should have read the Frog Bog manual...

So what happened when you watched that movie From Dusk till Dawn?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Very confusing.  I know to be afraid of vampires, but not sure when they are the most dangerous.  Methinks it has something to do with the sun...or possibly the moon?

bzzzzzt!

The correct response was:

I played Dracula!

:P

• Haha 1

Its not just this. I have set alarms for ebay items too of course.

Its having to buy games in pieces, having to go to shows 1000s of miles away to get games, having to be on facebook to not miss games, having to prepay for games that are never delivered after years, having to join expensive clubs to not miss a game, having to sign up for games multiple times.

Maybe its just me and I am just to old for all this lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, stupus said:

Its not just this. I have set alarms for ebay items too of course.

Its having to buy games in pieces, having to go to shows 1000s of miles away to get games, having to be on facebook to not miss games, having to prepay for games that are never delivered after years, having to join expensive clubs to not miss a game, having to sign up for games multiple times.

Maybe its just me and I am just to old for all this lol

Yah after the Blix fiasco at CGE I would be surprised if anyone made a show exclusive game. I told Rev I'd beat him about the head with old lady panties if he ever did that. Then I had to immediate change my threat to a bag of rocks as the first thing seemed to encourage him to do so. Lol. I think all games are likely to be available ASAP after future shows just depending on supplies. 

• Haha 3