IGNORED

Defender of the Crown for Intellivision Reservation List

Elektronite

3 hours ago, stupus said:

Is it safe to say if we didnt get an email yet we dont get 1 now?

I sent a request in the first hour but didnt get a reply yet.

Please send it again. All current orders have been processed. I'd say it has been lost in the ether. 

elektronite@hotmail.com      (make sure it is spelled correctly in your email)  

Put 'DEFENDER OF THE CROWN ORDER' in the subject line. I'll get back to you asap.

• Thanks 1

Ok, i just sent another email request.

I copy pasted noth the email address aand title directly from the this thread....so not sure what happened. 

My original request was sent 45 minutes exactly after you opened orders.

I wanted to be closer to the exact start but it was very hard staying up after 11pm on a work night and i have been very sick. Was trying to stay awake to order but fell asleep and then sent an email when i woke back up 45 minutes after the start.

Hopefully you arent filled up for this batch.

• Like 1

For the record, the same thing happened to me.  I sent an email 68 minutes after the order period began and never received a reply even after verifying that both the subject and email address were exactly as requested.  I just sent another email now though so hopefully it will be processed accordingly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Like 1

Hotmail has a very good spam filter so unless Elektronite has managed to disable it through configuration, a lot of potential customer mails may end up in the trash folder or even get blocked entirely. I'm sure they look there every now and then, but generally speaking I would not trust using Hotmail for business purposes, not because it may look unprofessional but because it is so good at blocking unknown incoming email.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ThunderDunks said:

I just received my reply from William and sent the necessary payment.  I'm guessing that the others in this thread with missing replies will receive theirs soon as well.

Yup, got a reply to my second email attempt and sent payment too.

As of this writing, 32 copies of the initial run remain. No more copies will be made until AFTER Christmas, so if you want to play the game during the holidays, you better send an email to:

elektronite@hotmail.com

with 

DEFENDER OF THE CROWN ORDER

in the subject line

Please include your real first and last name.

Thanks!

23 Copies from the initial run remain...

Remember, if you didn't email 'DEFENDER OF THE CROWN ORDER' to elektronite@hotmail.com  You do NOT have a reservation.

$70 US + 14 US Shipping + $4 US PayPal fees = $88 US final cost shipped WORLD WIDE.

Please do NOT send money without having a reservation number.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, Elektronite said:

1. EeBuckeye 

2. Stupus

3. Gray Defender

4. Spaceman

5. 1980 Gamer

6. MammothServices

7. Wolfy62

8. Intellivet

9. Sewer Sam

10. Mphokie

11. Cellblock1138

12. 20ohm20

13. Spadafermo51

14. Zendocon

15. Save2600

16. Jaxivision

17. Byte Knight

18. Nanochess

19. Vazquezrick

Ok, there are 6 spots left. If you have already reserved your copy on facebook, and you do so here, you will be in for TWO copies. So, make sure that you only reserve in one group.

We will be determining shipping costs and then requesting $70 US plus PayPal fees and shipping. Shipping should be reasonable.

I’d like a copy have no idea how to post on this site?But I do have an account;

Aramist70 and I would like a copy of this.

12 hours ago, Aramist70 said:

I’d like a copy have no idea how to post on this site?But I do have an account;

Aramist70 and I would like a copy of this.

The above list is invalid. Unfortunately, there was more demand than copies, so we've limited them to 1 per person and required people to email a request.

We will be getting to the website now that the majority of the 125 copies has shipped.

15 copies remain, and starting on December 1, 2019, we will be selling as many copies as desired to anyone who wants to buy them. A new run will be done for March 2020, so this is it for a few months.

On 10/27/2019 at 3:45 AM, Elektronite said:

The game will be shipped from Thailand with a declaration cost of the materials, so European customers will not be taken to the cleaners when it arrives. 

Just had to pick up my copy of the game from the customs office (40 kilometers car-ride each way), because there was no invoice attached to the outside of the package. The custom-offices in Germany do not trust the value declared on the custom-stickers for some years now, since most people just declare "$10 merchandise" for everything they send (I heard there are even pre-printed labels available in China for that). Because of that customs now always require an invoice attached on the outside of the package, otherwise they will hold the package and ask for the customer to pick it up with the needed invoice and/or payment-receipt.

So, I went there with my Paypal-printout in hand and still ran into problems since there was no mention of what was actually bought in the Paypal-receipt (the argument being the payment has to be connected to the item). I finally found the order-confirmation in my Gmail-account on my smartphone and could send it to the email-address of the customs office from there. After that they could finally calculate the import VAT (15.03 EUR) which I gladly paid and was on my way back.

It would have been a lot easier and cheaper in the end if the package had been declared correctly in the first place, as then it would have gone through customs and I could have paid the 15.03 EUR when the postman delivered the item at my door.

The item itself arrived very well packaged and I look forward to trying it out this evening.

This story is just to suggest to other people or sellers to declare the items they ship overseas correctly and attach the invoice outside. Customs-office have smartened up in the last few years (at least here in Germany) and will not accept the standard $20 or $10 declarations anymore. In the end this just leads to complications in getting the ordered items. I'll gladly pay the import VAT instead of driving around for an hour and sitting at the customs office for another 30 minutes ;-)

1 hour ago, tokra said:

Just had to pick up my copy of the game from the customs office (40 kilometers car-ride each way), because there was no invoice attached to the outside of the package. The custom-offices in Germany do not trust the value declared on the custom-stickers for some years now, since most people just declare "$10 merchandise" for everything they send (I heard there are even pre-printed labels available in China for that). Because of that customs now always require an invoice attached on the outside of the package, otherwise they will hold the package and ask for the customer to pick it up with the needed invoice and/or payment-receipt.

So, I went there with my Paypal-printout in hand and still ran into problems since there was no mention of what was actually bought in the Paypal-receipt (the argument being the payment has to be connected to the item). I finally found the order-confirmation in my Gmail-account on my smartphone and could send it to the email-address of the customs office from there. After that they could finally calculate the import VAT (15.03 EUR) which I gladly paid and was on my way back.

It would have been a lot easier and cheaper in the end if the package had been declared correctly in the first place, as then it would have gone through customs and I could have paid the 15.03 EUR when the postman delivered the item at my door.

The item itself arrived very well packaged and I look forward to trying it out this evening.

This story is just to suggest to other people or sellers to declare the items they ship overseas correctly and attach the invoice outside. Customs-office have smartened up in the last few years (at least here in Germany) and will not accept the standard $20 or $10 declarations anymore. In the end this just leads to complications in getting the ordered items. I'll gladly pay the import VAT instead of driving around for an hour and sitting at the customs office for another 30 minutes ;-)

You have probably have much more suspicious customs in your area. In my area most of the stuff slips thru and I rather take the chance that this could happen. And on top of that, you have no to pay an additional 6€ to the postal service if they collect the customs fee.

Just played the game for a good hour or so, including my first win :-) Very nice and beautiful graphics and sound. Haven't been able to win a joust yet, though...

I noticed however that two times that in the first game after turning on the Intellivision, it threw me back to the title screen when I did an action (like the machine just reset). First this happened on my first joust after I had the choose between Territory oder Leadership, the second time just when I wanted to move my army. I have had only these two instances of the game resetting yet.

Another thing I noticed, when a castle of mine was besieged after I won the battle, it immediately showed the picture of the castle again and threw me into another battle for the castle (as if another lord had the same idea), but this second fight is without background-music then.

Not sure if both the throwback to the title-screen and the repearing castle-battles are bugs or just my machine acting quirky. I thought I left the behaviour here in the forum to see if others have these happen as well.