IGNORED

3D printer needed preferably in EU

Lastic

I would like to have a few small parts printed and they should match the XE color hence I'm clueless if I would go to a local print shop.

Is there anybody who can print these things and send them to me (Belgium,Europe) against payment of course  ?

Would be better shipping wise for somebody from the EU or UK but I guess shipping in an padded envelope from the US doesn't cost an arm and leg neither.

1 x 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2748180

3 x 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3141512

And beyond my knowledge how to do a merge between these 2

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3785679

Square Mouse Cover v1r0.stl

Thanks upfront for your feedback

Have you tried looking at https://www.3dhubs.com/ ?

Sorry, I see they have stopped connecting people with people with 3D printers at home.

I have one myself, but it's gathering dust and not calibrated at the moment.... I used 3dhubs in the past, but it seems since 2018-10-1 they are not really a hub anymore.

Edited by ivop

8 hours ago, R0ger said:

Our local atariklub has 3d printer. It's Czech Republic. We do have some gray filament. It's not exactly XE color though.

I would like to take you up on that offer.

The floppydrive bezel and the 3 eject buttons are the most important currently for me.
I could pay via Paypal for the printing and shipping.

The grey I used for the XF551 cases is FilaCube Engineering Grey I don't know if you can get it in Europe, I managed to get some European filament shipped to the states from a seller on eBay so you might try there. 

Here are two benchys, one painted in XE/ST grey, one printed in the above filament. 

IMG_2179.thumb.jpeg.b4dd799ef3a73ba2cda1b74dcf587607.jpegIMG_2136.thumb.jpeg.922e448b9b59abff09f9a1246726c3b3.jpeg

It's not perfect but it's the closest I've found, there is almost no blue in it at all. 

Edited by Mr Robot
spooling eroors
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lastic said:

I would like to take you up on that offer.

The floppydrive bezel and the 3 eject buttons are the most important currently for me.
I could pay via Paypal for the printing and shipping.

You are not in a hurry are you ?

So we did meet after all. We managed to print the buttons, and we started the blind (first link), but I had to leave before it was complete.

We realized I don't really understand what you want to have done with the third link. You say you want to merge two models, but how ? Some parts from one and some from others ? I'm afraid we can't do that, we don't have anyone experienced enough. Maybe making the part from scratch would be easier. If only we knew what exactly you want it for ?

The color is obviously quite off, but it's mostly because all our STs are quite yellow.

button.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, R0ger said:

So we did meet after all. We managed to print the buttons, and we started the blind (first link), but I had to leave before it was complete.

We realized I don't really understand what you want to have done with the third link. You say you want to merge two models, but how ? Some parts from one and some from others ? I'm afraid we can't do that, we don't have anyone experienced enough. Maybe making the part from scratch would be easier. If only we knew what exactly you want it for ?

The color is obviously quite off, but it's mostly because all our STs are quite yellow.

button.jpg

Thanks a lot , the buttons are looking good !

@Mr Robot @R0ger

The reason I'm looking to merge these 2 mouse covers are to use it with this board
http://lavago.de/retro-computer.html

IMG_4973.thumb.JPG.c1b7067320b308e0d07952d2d33f8fa1.JPG

The Square Mouse.stl is what I received (on the leftside of the picture) with the board.

IMG_4974.thumb.JPG.ca3d874ea6340416588f5120f1911c51.JPGIMG_4975.thumb.JPG.28106f11d922e6447ec1f2f0ed04bfc4.JPG

The laser will shut off automatically when it thinks that the board has been lifted as in the mouse has been lifted from the table.
Because the Square Mouse.stl cover doesn't exactly fit , the mouse hardly ever works since the laser lens doesn't sit flush and the laser shuts off.

IMG_4976.thumb.JPG.4db54e37a7b6074295db9d76af7476fb.JPGIMG_4977.thumb.JPG.a0d14898d42594e41147718dee29d5b4.JPG

So my question/idea was to merge the SquareMouse.stl with the Atari Mouse cover .
As such the lens would sit flush and and the laser wouldn't think that the mouse has been lifted from the table.
Also the merged cover wouldn't leave the PCB visible and disables dust from entering the enclosure.

A huge thank you guys for looking into this, I'm completely a disaster in 3D design or design in general.
I can picture it in my mind but that would mean I will have to wait for a 3D printer that can be hooked to my brain :)

27 minutes ago, R0ger said:

So basically it has to be the same as the standard cover for the ball, as for the outer shape and latches, but the window has to be square for the optical sensor, right ?

Correct , and the square window needs to have the flanges to keep the lens sitting flush.

7 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

Doesn't the square hole also need to be a bit bigger? 

Looks like the frame is pushing up the board

I'm guessing the picture is misleading, the board is bolted down and the lens lies flush on it, maybe these pictures give an better view

IMG_4978.thumb.JPG.56c354cf48b6d3ea54eae831e0508b4e.JPGIMG_4979.thumb.JPG.89ccf89965086ca548733946f0c2c45e.JPG

1 hour ago, Mr Robot said:

OK 

I don't really understand how this will solve the problem, but...

1248089538_STMouseLaserCover.thumb.png.4926d84e185c446f0601b9c12fc79724.png

STMouse Laser Cover.stl 78.11 kB · 2 downloads

Wow thanks a lot for this !

Well , I hope this will keep the lens seated properly and it encloses the bottom-case completely.
The lens shouldn't move anymore resulting in the laser shutting off since it thinks the mouse is lifted of the desk.

• Like 1