IGNORED

Flea market find for $35

CZroe

From the flea market yesterday, my twin brother texted me these pics with regards to a console + games lot at a non-game vendor: 

b76faf99ccfeacc46ffef568880c9fb6.jpg

52f5655d1ab5590453d9e6d26b30872f.jpg

If you're more savvy than I was: Yes, that is what it looks like...

http://imgur.com/a/MGt9Hky

CIB SwordQuest WaterWorld in a random console/game lot. Fully complete, from what I can tell.

Take a look at his texts to me in the photo gallery link. I literally did not notice when responding to him and could not look up any of it. I was at work, after all. We spoke on the phone about it and I told him that less than 2% of our 2600 games were boxed (could only recall Slot Racers and Pole Position) and I wasn't about to start buying a bunch of boxes... but I did want the manuals. We agreed that my bro would offer $35 for the lot with the console (just another 4-switch Woody) or $15 for the manuals if the vendor said no. The vendor said "yes." atariage_icon_smile.gif

I didn't start going through it until today. I was almost done adding manuals to my existing Universal Game Cases, comparing dupes, and upgrading conditions when I got down to this one:

6ce97269b5d70880a65774ee41fcbc6c.jpg

Even then, I only realized that it was one I didn't have. I knew one of the games in the series was worth a lot but thought that was the fourth, unreleased, game and not this one. I felt like giving all three a run so I started reading the "WaterWorld Made Easy" guide and a few pages of the comic when I realized how crucial all that extra stuff was to the game (more than just manuals). This made me think about how my copies of EarthWorld and FireWorld have none of this, so I would need to buy those missing materials.

This also got me thinking about archiving manuals and comics and such using an A3 book scanner I had previously seen at a salvage store. I recalled that it was half price ($30) until the end of the 27th (today). It was getting late so I met up with my twin bro to go grab that scanner. He was driving which left me to search eBay for the EarthWorld and FireWorld materials I would need to play through the series, but first I searched "Atari WaterWorld CIB" and noticed that there were no results. I toggled the "Sold" option and still had no results. I dropped "CIB" from the search and then my jaw dropped. WOW!

Only bad news: Someone beat me to the book scanner. atariage_icon_sad.gif

• Like 7

This vendor was right next to the table where I found this the previous week...
5e34ec5a5477330a3da85556e69d0289.jpg
d8d861e31dedbf79d5d4b95c78b85d0e.jpg
Absolutely filthy but...
Sega Mega Mouse for Genesis
Sega Arcade Pad for Genesis
Sega Mega Fire turbo controller for Genesis
Sega Master System controller x2
Sega Light Phaser for Master System
Genesis 3 MK-1479 power supply
NES-004 black "Game Television" variant x2

Those are the "Game Television" controllers which were originally bundled with the Sharp 19SV111 television, better known as the NES television. I've been looking for that TV in the wild since I was old enough to have a job. Only one I've ever seen in-person was the display model at K-Mart, which I actually played by bringing in my own controller and game (wanted to prove it had a Nintendo inside).

A recently-sold listing for those controllers:
422654506dd2ef73b2eae7fa2cb0bbbd.jpg
D:

Dude probably thinks they were bootleg NES controllers and had no idea why we were offering $50 for such a filthy lot.

Considering this is also the flea market where I found over 4oz of fentanyl smuggled inside two NES cartridges (last year) and the place where I found a sealed Super Everdrive for $1.42 (2016), I've had more than my fair share of luck.

Amazing find. That beats my Boxed Joyboard from OfferUp on Friday night. 03adf51e868cb8d4e290f88ac73f3916.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the seller knew it was something special. Cool find! I've never even seen a loose one.
  • Like 1

That is an amazing find! I have not see a big box of games sold like that (or so cheaply) since the 1990s! 

12 hours ago, CZroe said:

Even then, I only realized that it was one I didn't have. I knew one of the games in the series was worth a lot but thought that was the fourth, unreleased, game and not this one.

I think that everyone would agree that the unreleased (and possibly non-existent) Airworld game is indeed worth a great deal of money. 

• Like 1

Went ahead and did a quick pick-ups video about it:

Not usually my thing but I couldn't keep it to myself... like the time I found the drugs in Golf/Roller Games. atariage_icon_wink.gif

That is an amazing find! I have not see a big box of games sold like that (or so cheaply) since the 1990s!
The lot looks bigger than it was because I had already started integrating the stuff with my shelf copies. For example, the lot had a Donkey Kong manual but no DK, so the pic has my shelf copy with the new manual inserted (Universal Game Case, printed Coleco insert, Atari-produced black cart). For my own documentation I'll try to backtrack and piece together exactly what it had. Hardware-related:

CX-2600 Atari VCS 4-switch ("woody")

Atari 2600 warranty registration card

CX-40 joystick (x2)

Paddle controller set

Gemini install instructions for RF products

Coaxial cable with dual coax/fork end (Gemini?)

TV/Game switch (Gemini? original?)

Atari AC adapter (original)

Software-related:

Air Raiders (manual only)

Battlezone (+ manual)

Combat (+ manual)

Defender (manual only)

Dolphin (loose)

Donkey Kong (manual only)

Football (+ manual)

Frogger (CIB)

Ice Hockey (CIB + 2nd box/registration card)

Infiltrate (CIB)

Missile Command (box/manual only)

Racquetball CIB

RealSports Baseball (manual only)

River Raid (manual only)

Space Invaders (manual only)

Super Breakout + Manual

Super Challenge Baseball CIB

Super Challenge Football (box/manual only)

SwordQuest WaterWorld CIB

Warlords + Manual

Other stuff:

Five different software catalogs + two duplicates

1983 High School Football Casebook

Some paper about a WSBTV contest that ended in 1993

A piece of a broken telescoping antenna

A black disc thing that seems like it may be a piece to something game-related

Othello board game manual

I think that everyone would agree that the unreleased (and possibly non-existent) Airworld game is indeed worth a great deal of money.
LOL! If I found that it actually wouldn't be the first prototype I've found out in the wild.

Not nearly so exciting (my old channel) but, again, I've had more than my fair-share of luck! atariage_icon_wink.gif