IGNORED

NASL Soccer sleeve

mr_intv

So today at a local flee market I came across a French Canadian NASL Soccer sleeve. I have never seen one before. How common are these sleeves? I’ve got many French Canadian game box variations but this is my first sleeve. Even more interesting is the game in the sleeve was World Cup Soccer, not NASL.  Pic coming soon.

Should be english on one side french on the other.  I suspect sleeves were only used in 1980/81 and only in predominantly french speaking parts of the country.  I expect most threw them out.  So they should be fairly rare.  I don't think sleeves for all the 1980 releases have been found.

As an aside, does the price tag on world cup soccer say anything; name of the store?

Edited by mr_me

4 hours ago, mr_intv said:

I’ll be picking up another NASL Soccer box to use the sleeve with. 

I assume it had the World Cup manual with it? The sleeved versions had a different type of manual than the regular two language French Canadian manuals. Pic coming when I tear myself away from the Canucks game. 

20 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I assume it had the World Cup manual with it? The sleeved versions had a different type of manual than the regular two language French Canadian manuals. Pic coming when I tear myself away from the Canucks game. 

Ya, World Cup manual and overlays. Canucks are killing it tonight....

• Like 1