IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 11 - Game 11 - Lady Bug

1 minute ago, Bamse said:

The scores that you and Patbb got are amazing. I just got to level 12 which is 1 more than your last score and my score is half yours lol .

Any tips?

Don’t go for extra men -just try to accumulate as many points you can in each round.  Also when you get extra men it finishes that level right then and you lose out in points.  

30 minutes ago, Bamse said:

The scores that you and Patbb got are amazing. I just got to level 12 which is 1 more than your last score and my score is half yours lol .

Any tips?

I usually go for the EXTRA in the first 8 or 9 rounds. If I'm lucky I can get 2-3 more ladies.

At round 10+ I clear the "flowers" around the "house", colect the 3 blue hearts and go for the 2 red letters ASAP (4000 points each)

Sometime I will wait for the vegetable but I often loose a life (greed is dangerous)

I also try to arrange the doors to make it longer for the ennemies to get to me ... forming a single path, closing the top. (see image)

I usually go from left to right on the top of the screen.  If an ennemy goes in the top region I go down and close the door.

2019-10-31_12-22-19.thumb.jpg.db2870f2243f078ac2919f8c850b00f1.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, patbb said:

I usually go for the EXTRA in the first 8 or 9 rounds. If I'm lucky I can get 2-3 more ladies.

At round 10+ I clear the "flowers" around the "house", colect the 3 blue hearts and go for the 2 red letters ASAP (4000 points each)

Sometime I will wait for the vegetable but I often loose a life (greed is dangerous)

I also try to arrange the doors to make it longer for the ennemies to get to me ... forming a single path, closing the top. (see image)

I usually go from left to right on the top of the screen.  If an ennemy goes in the top region I go down and close the door.

2019-10-31_12-22-19.thumb.jpg.db2870f2243f078ac2919f8c850b00f1.jpg

When you said go for the red letters, did you mean yellow letters? Don't they have to be yellow to count?

1 minute ago, Bamse said:

When you said go for the red letters, did you mean yellow letters? Don't they have to be yellow to count?

I believe he means get the letters that turn red for more points that you dont need to spell extra.

If you still need the letter for extra,of course get it while it is yellow.

• Like 1

Just now, wolfy62 said:

I believe he means get the letters that turn red for more points that you dont need to spell extra.

Ha, I didn't know that. When will I learn to read the manual? Lol

Back to it :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bamse said:

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Exactly, the letters will turn red for a very short time, so you have to be very close to the letter to grab bit.

In the arcade version (and other such as the colecovision) you can also spell SPECIAL in red to have a bunus round of all veggies.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, patbb said:

Exactly, the letters will turn red for a very short time, so you have to be very close to the letter to grab bit.

In the arcade version (and other such as the colecovision) you can also spell SPECIAL in red to have a bunus round of all veggies.

The 2600 version has the SPECIAL bonus round too.

However, whenever I played the arcade version, spelling "SPECIAL" only gives you a free credit.  Unless there are different variations of the arcade game.

13 hours ago, S.BAZ said:

The 2600 version has the SPECIAL bonus round too.

However, whenever I played the arcade version, spelling "SPECIAL" only gives you a free credit.  Unless there are different variations of the arcade game.

The 2600 version is amazing.  One of the best homebrew.

You're right, the veggy board I remember is probably on the colecoVision, that's the version I played the most.

• Like 1