IGNORED

I Have Some Odd Video Problems With My Tele-Games 2600

Tystuh

I recently pulled my Sears Tele-Games 2600 out and found out it had some odd video problems.

I've reflowed the three big chips (RIOT, CPU and TV Interface?) as well as the cartridge pin connectors and the 12 ribbon cable pins, to no avail.

I have a cap kit but I've never really worked on circuit boards and the kit isn't for the Tele-Games model so the values don't match.

That being said, I'm just throwing a hail mary here to see if anyone knows just by the pictures what would be causing this problem.

tiDIH4V.jpg

ZcPca5M.jpg

5FTSEci.jpg

ZoDWjOC.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding that second games pic, is that Pole Position?  If so, there is definitely graphical corruption there, lol.  Take a look, closely, at picture 3 of the solder-side of the board.  Locate the RIOT chip (A202), first chip on the top, and notice what looks to be potential damage to two traces leading to pins 23 and 24.  That might just be some mask coming off, or if say the board was dropped onto something there could be a potentially severed trace there.  I'd run continuity on those traces just to rule them out, then move on to next steps.

~ Trellot

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 4:11 PM, Trellot said:

Regarding that second games pic, is that Pole Position? If so, there is definitely graphical corruption there, lol. Take a look, closely, at picture 3 of the solder-side of the board. Locate the RIOT chip (A202), first chip on the top, and notice what looks to be potential damage to two traces leading to pins 23 and 24. That might just be some mask coming off, or if say the board was dropped onto something there could be a potentially severed trace there. I'd run continuity on those traces just to rule them out, then move on to next steps.

~ Trellot

Yeah that's Pole Position lol. And I continuity tested all of the pins for all of the chips, everything checks out.