IGNORED

Making the most out of Robotron 2084: gadget

Giles N

Robotron 2084 is well-known to use the double-controller set-up: one to move the hero, the other to move the aim of the gun.

The 7800 version is a technically very, very good 8-bit port, but many don’t like the single-controller way of playing it.

AtariAge has several high-quality double-set joysticks, but they may be expensive to some.

But still they may want to get a double-controller to enjoy Robotron 2084.

Here is what I got (without shipping, about 35-40$):

80C49B3F-E9F7-4D60-BA1E-4B1E227169F7.jpeg

2CCDBDE7-CA36-4609-9A09-09A6337032B5.jpeg

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 2

Yep these have been talked about a bunch already here on the forums. They're by @RetroGameBoyz. Michael sells a great product and his customer service is top notch. He sells controllers for several other systems, too. Order through AA or AA Marketplace (Facebook) and save some money versus ordering on eBay/Etsy. 

2 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Yep these have been talked about a bunch already here on the forums. They're by @RetroGameBoyz. Michael sells a great product and his customer service is top notch. He sells controllers for several other systems, too. Order through AA or AA Marketplace (Facebook) and save some money versus ordering on eBay/Etsy. 

Thanks for the tips buddy

Edited by Giles N

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thanks all for the kind words and support - sorry I don't get in here much -  life, work, kids - lol - but in fact for some reason I am not getting notifications when a mention is made, i will look into that. - thank you - in regards to these Robotron controllers - yes I am still making them - but not really selling them on eBay anymore - I make them by request - I still have plenty of parts. if anyone is still interested just PM me - thanks for your support and interest. I have met so many great retrogamers - it's like a second family. Have a good one! 

• Like 1