Jump to content
SalemFrost7800

My Colecovision Arcade Machine

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone, I recently shared my Atari 7800 machine over in the 7800 forum and I wanted to show everyone my ColecoVision Arcade Machine. I am using an “Ultimate ColecoVision Flashback” which is perfect for this project. I plan to buy a Super CV from Edladdin and add some custom side art:

 

64887721-6742-4E4C-9D0C-38662AEACA1B.jpeg

A42A5B30-C358-41FA-AD1F-30EA2899B09C.jpeg

598CFF63-FFD3-4A12-8723-0AED33A9193F.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SalemFrost7800 said:

Hello Everyone, I recently shared my Atari 7800 machine over in the 7800 forum and I wanted to show everyone my ColecoVision Arcade Machine. I am using an “Ultimate ColecoVision Flashback” which is perfect for this project. I plan to buy a Super CV from Edladdin and add some custom side art:

 

64887721-6742-4E4C-9D0C-38662AEACA1B.jpeg

A42A5B30-C358-41FA-AD1F-30EA2899B09C.jpeg

598CFF63-FFD3-4A12-8723-0AED33A9193F.jpeg

looks AWESOME!!  a GREAT idea for you CV

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well assuming you plan on playing it standing/sitting at the cabinet, you should have a custom controller built into a new control panel so that it looks factory made, versus just having a controller sitting on top of the control panel.  But if you plan on playing it sitting away from it, I could understand a controller that could lift off and set in your lap.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's really cool!

 

Very happy to play a future role in this project!

 

It would cost a little extra, but I think I can build you a "Super Twin CV" if you want a dual stick solution for your 2P control panel.  I think I can even squeeze in the #3 and #4 fire buttons for player 1.   We'll have to measure for the keypad(s).  

Super-Twin-78-00025-a.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arcade 1 up is definitely a hobbyist's dream come true for those who have the knowledge to modify.

 

I love seeing cool mods like this!!

 

How would a kid in 1983 react if his parents put this next to the Christmas tree?!😂

 

 

22E42E07-CC26-47BF-9AA1-E00EC56AB0EB.thumb.jpeg.4af9d17738c8d6cce08d1563335acd20.jpeg

Edited by Oldschool80skid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, edladdin said:

That's really cool!

 

Very happy to play a future role in this project!

 

It would cost a little extra, but I think I can build you a "Super Twin CV" if you want a dual stick solution for your 2P control panel.  I think I can even squeeze in the #3 and #4 fire buttons for player 1.   We'll have to measure for the keypad(s).  

Super-Twin-78-00025-a.JPG

 

That would be awesome, I will email you and we can discuss it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'know, cabinets like this are really quite cool, and they add an eyeblow-raising wow factor to the decor of any room, but I have to wonder how much playtime these cabinets actually get in reality. I'm sure it gets some good playtime at first, and rightfully so, but after a while, I would expect the cabinet to get less and less play time, and to be unpluged from the wall socket just to save on electricity.

 

That's the main reason why I don't own such a cabinet, even if I find them appealing. If I had one, I know I wouldn't really play much with it, regardless of the coolness factor, and it would just gather dust in a corner of the room.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Arcade 1 up is definitely a hobbyist's dream come true for those who have the knowledge to modify.

 

I love seeing cool mods like this!!

 

How would a kid in 1983 react if his parents put this next to the Christmas tree?!😂

 

 

 

I got the CV for Christmas and about came apart, I couldn't even imagine getting a self contained CV arcade machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Y'know, cabinets like this are really quite cool, and they add an eyeblow-raising wow factor to the decor of any room, but I have to wonder how much playtime these cabinets actually get in reality. I'm sure it gets some good playtime at first, and rightfully so, but after a while, I would expect the cabinet to get less and less play time, and to be unpluged from the wall socket just to save on electricity.

 

That's the main reason why I don't own such a cabinet, even if I find them appealing. If I had one, I know I wouldn't really play much with it, regardless of the coolness factor, and it would just gather dust in a corner of the room.

 

You are correct, I certainly won't be playing this everyday but when that mood strikes it will be great to turn it on a play without having to run any wires or hooking it up to a tv.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 8:51 AM, Pixelboy said:

Y'know, cabinets like this are really quite cool, and they add an eyeblow-raising wow factor to the decor of any room, but I have to wonder how much playtime these cabinets actually get in reality. I'm sure it gets some good playtime at first, and rightfully so, but after a while, I would expect the cabinet to get less and less play time, and to be unpluged from the wall socket just to save on electricity.

 

That's the main reason why I don't own such a cabinet, even if I find them appealing. If I had one, I know I wouldn't really play much with it, regardless of the coolness factor, and it would just gather dust in a corner of the room.

 

very true for me anyway. I have a DK and a Gorf full size and a 20th anniversary Ms. Pac-Man Galaga cocktail.....are almost never played.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a few pictures of my latest additions, a light up coin slot and a retro coin door. I’m also working with Edladdin to add a 2 player joystick next:

 

 

1EEE72CF-9EAE-4200-95EB-4AA3D9A140E7.jpeg

3C6D4E32-8154-4B56-9B80-1E7571C93246.jpeg

24DC4EB3-F259-4898-B246-AD0D94644AC7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the CV Controller that Edladdin made for my CV Arcade Machine, he is mailing it next week, I will post pictures once it's installed!

CV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 1:17 PM, SalemFrost7800 said:

Here is the CV Controller that Edladdin made for my CV Arcade Machine, he is mailing it next week, I will post pictures once it's installed!

CV.jpg

 

The Controller is being delivered today, I should be posting pictures this evening.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

583E13F2-576F-4FC2-AAC9-0AB914E4801D.thumb.jpeg.a726bfe53de2a8dd96ad875385aad4fe.jpegNow I need to figure out a way to alter the controller board to make the new CV controller level 

 

327C3C00-D207-4B04-956F-9AA204E2DA37.jpeg

 

Edited by SalemFrost7800

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This is my arcade 1up I built last year. It's not a dedicated coleco but it does play all of the ROMs andn I mapped the buttons on the control deck to work like a colecovision controller 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...