IGNORED

External joysticks for Odyssey 2 and Emerson

tripletopper

AtsriAge username Nurmix made external INTV DB9 ports to add external joysticks to an INTV 1.  It comes in 2 flavors by default and potentially 6 in custom order.

From any one of these controllers: INTV 1, INTV2 INTV FB. to machines using any other one of  those.  The ones Nurmix offered initially were FB control to INTV 1 machine and INTV 2 controller to INTV 1 machine.

Any similar adapters and simple operation proceedures for Odyssey 2 and Arcadia 2001?  It would be cool for my fight stick.

By the way, a native Odyssey 2 joysticks "looks" analog, yet is self centering.  Do looks deceive?  If it's batively analog dont you need a circuit similar to the one in a 5200 Competition Pro.

Edited by tripletopper

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 1:44 PM, tripletopper said:

AtsriAge username Nurmix made external INTV DB9 ports to add external joysticks to an INTV 1.  It comes in 2 flavors by default and potentially 6 in custom order.

From any one of these controllers: INTV 1, INTV2 INTV FB. to machines using any other one of  those.  The ones Nurmix offered initially were FB control to INTV 1 machine and INTV 2 controller to INTV 1 machine.

Any similar adapters and simple operation proceedures for Odyssey 2 and Arcadia 2001?  It would be cool for my fight stick.

By the way, a native Odyssey 2 joysticks "looks" analog, yet is self centering.  Do looks deceive?  If it's batively analog dont you need a circuit similar to the one in a 5200 Competition Pro.

Odyssey joysticks are digital. All you need is a simple pin adapter to hook up 2600 sticks. I made some for my O2 with detachable sticks.

All right.  Nurmix showed his INTV surgery on Video.  And he sold the DB9 crossover adapters with extensions, because controls are internal.

Maybe you can show it it's easy to external mid the O2.

How would one extend the port out to be external?  What is the nature of the internal port?  What shape is it and how many pins does if have, if it doesn't use DB9?

And why do I have the impression that I thought the O2 joysticks were analog?  It looks like an Apple 2 joystick, and is a square gate, self centering analog stick, except has a cut out custom gate.  It looks like there's a lot of room between 0 and 100%

I'm surprised no one put a "sinister mod" on the original 02 stick 

I had always kind of wondered myself if the O2 sticks were analog (like the Vectrex), but nope, they're just digital, with a HUGE amount of travel.

I don't have an O2 with internally connected sticks, so I can't comment on what the hookup looks like, but I'll bet it wouldn't be hard to splice in a piece of ribbon cable and run it outside the case to a DE-9 port.

• 3 weeks later...