IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 37 is up!

In this episode we discuss the Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2019, Paul interviews the former head of Intellivision game development and leader of The Blue Sky Rangers, Gabriel Baum. And we have a new Amico segment, Feedback, listener voicemails, News (kind of), George, and an extended outtakes!

http://intellivisionaries.com/episode-37-amico-portland-and-baum-oh-my/

Plug it into your ear-holes!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Rick Reynolds said:

In this episode we discuss the Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2019, Paul interviews the former head of Intellivision game development and leader of The Blue Sky Rangers, Gabriel Baum. And we have a new Amico segment, Feedback, listener voicemails, News (kind of), George, and an extended outtakes!

Listening to it right now, thank you!!

• Like 1

My first "live" episode!  I started with episode 1 back in June and so far I'm through Episode 25.  That's 114 hours done with 59 hours to go (yes I have a spreadsheet).

Haha, cmart picked a rough time to joke to someone in California about power outages.  

Looking forward to listening to the rest.  Normally I listen during my commute (since the rolling Canadian power outages during the summer meant I couldn't listen at home) but I'll have my kids with me today for a trick-or-treat at my work.  Darn.  Guess I'll get back to it on the drive in tomorrow.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rick Reynolds said:

(obligatory)

Holy crap, it's five hours long!! I demand a refund!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

My first "live" episode!  I started with episode 1 back in June and so far I'm through Episode 25.  That's 114 hours done with 59 hours to go (yes I have a spreadsheet).

Haha, cmart picked a rough time to joke to someone in California about power outages.  

Looking forward to listening to the rest.  Normally I listen during my commute (since the rolling Canadian power outages during the summer meant I couldn't listen at home) but I'll have my kids with me today for a trick-or-treat at my work.  Darn.  Guess I'll get back to it on the drive in tomorrow.

Thanks, BigDumer!  Nice, a spreadsheet dedicated to our blabbering!

I'm OK here in my part of California... although we've certainly had some noticeable smoke in the air over the past few weeks with the various fires.

7 minutes ago, nurmix said:

Thanks, BigDumer!  Nice, a spreadsheet dedicated to our blabbering!

I'm OK here in my part of California... although we've certainly had some noticeable smoke in the air over the past few weeks with the various fires.

I think I have a spreadsheet for everything in my life.  Just yesterday I picked up the Canadian Buzz Bombers and I told my wife that I was going upstairs to "play with my new Intellivision game" and she was all, "Wait, you set up the console upstairs?"  Sadly, my answer was "No, I mean I'm going to put it in a sleeve, put it on the shelf and update my spreadsheets. That's even more fun than playing the game!"  

Seriously though, cmart's comments about building up a true variant database with pictures is something I'd love to see. Though, I'd really like to see something searchable on the web, not just in Atari Age posts.

Glad to hear you aren't affected by the fires.  Where I live (Vancouver, BC) this is the first year in a few that we haven't had to deal with a month of smoke and haze during the summer.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

I think I have a spreadsheet for everything in my life.  Just yesterday I picked up the Canadian Buzz Bombers and I told my wife that I was going upstairs to "play with my new Intellivision game" and she was all, "Wait, you set up the console upstairs?"  Sadly, my answer was "No, I mean I'm going to put it in a sleeve, put it on the shelf and update my spreadsheets. That's even more fun than playing the game!"  

Seriously though, cmart's comments about building up a true variant database with pictures is something I'd love to see. Though, I'd really like to see something searchable on the web, not just in Atari Age posts.

Glad to hear you aren't affected by the fires.  Where I live (Vancouver, BC) this is the first year in a few that we haven't had to deal with a month of smoke and haze during the summer.  

Nice!  Well hopefully Cmart will complete the task and share the results.  Fingers crossed there isn't another months-long power outage up there again!  Gotta keep them beavers happy!

15 hours ago, intvsteve said:

So the feedback I sent by smoke signals probably got lost. Darn. 

too soon? ?

The wind and fires here made your smoke signal Feedback really hard to read, Steve (I mean, clearly the glowing praise of Cmart and Rick had to be in error).  Perhaps an alternate transmission choice is in order?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nurmix said:

The wind and fires here made your smoke signal Feedback really hard to read, Steve (I mean, clearly the glowing praise of Cmart and Rick had to be in error).  Perhaps an alternate transmission choice is in order?

Whoa! Yeah, there must have been some weird isothermal aeolian processes that induced heavy convection currents that garbled the message. Likely an anabatic wind completely inverted portions of it. Is your anemometer properly calibrated? Have you downloaded and installed the software for 'LUI' and the ROM for LTO Flash that lets you use the anemoclinometer (a.k.a. bivane) module that stacks on top of your Intellivoice to decode the message?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, intvsteve said:

Whoa! Yeah, there must have been some weird isothermal aeolian processes that induced heavy convection currents that garbled the message. Likely an anabatic wind completely inverted portions of it. Is your anemometer properly calibrated? Have you downloaded and installed the software for 'LUI' and the ROM for LTO Flash that lets you use the anemoclinometer (a.k.a. bivane) module that stacks on top of your Intellivoice to decode the message?

D'oh!  Silly me!  Yes, I downloaded the LUI software, and correctly installed the anemoclinometer (a.k.a. bivane) module, but I was trying to read inclination with the [Beta] inclinometer ROM!  So I was looking at completely vertical data when I should have been targeting the horizontal!  Boy is my face red.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, intvsteve said:

Yeah, there must have been some weird isothermal aeolian processes that induced heavy convection currents that garbled the message. Likely an anabatic wind completely inverted portions of it. 

Ok, as a former geology student who studied at a natural resources college after high school you just caused some seldom used neurons to fire.  Keep going.   Talk about isostatic adjustment and fluvial geomorphology now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Talk about isostatic adjustment and fluvial geomorphology now.

At least two kinds of isostatic adjustments could come into play when examining long-term climatic trends in that area. We are talking about the areas along the southern coast ranges in California, right? Fluvial geomorphologic features that have evolved over time likely affect the severity of mudslides that have been known to occur and cause mayhem -- when things aren't all burning up and events swing toward heavy precipitation. ;) After all, if it's not the fires, it's the floods and the muds, right?

Being near the coast, perhaps there's also a need to include glacial isostatic adjustments in any long-term modeling as well - though it potentially could be ignored -- we're talking about southern California and in the LGM I just can't recall where the Cordilleran Ice Sheet extended in that area. It's really an interesting situation with both sea-level and high elevation in such close proximity. And it should be totally obvious by now how full of B.S. I am. :D

I have an idea! A word salad generator for the ECS! With hardware-expansion ROM modules that contained new dictionaries of words to use in the generator!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 2:32 PM, BigDumer said:

This kind of thing is begging for a Graph database so all the relationships can be set and searched without being redundant. I know I could convince the Data & AI division at Intv Prime to do it, but they are so behind with their game, Intellivision Day promo, and New Intellivision FAQ, this would never get done...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...