IGNORED

Book :: We Love Atari - Volume 1 & 2 (Update)

Zafinn Books

Monday 3rd November at 6pm I will take orders from the website www.zafinnbooks.com

New: Limited "Double Packs" will be available (~25) and a small amount of singles copies of Volume One and Two.

Please check the website for pricing and availability at that time. Last orders for Christmas (and 2019) will taken on the 29th November while stocks last.  Last Print run for a while unless there is further demand later in 2020.

Thanks everyone!
  • Like 2

I'd like to pick these up, but I have no idea how much the price is running. For anyone that purchased these the last time around, what was the price on these, singly or double-pack? I'm really interested, but I'd read somewhere they were something like $75 apiece, which I can't justify, even if I can afford it. Just trying to figure out if it's worth my time to set a reminder and check them out on Monday or not.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, bfollowell said:

I'd like to pick these up, but I have no idea how much the price is running. For anyone that purchased these the last time around, what was the price on these, singly or double-pack? I'm really interested, but I'd read somewhere they were something like $75 apiece, which I can't justify, even if I can afford it. Just trying to figure out if it's worth my time to set a reminder and check them out on Monday or not.

Thanks.

$75 per is about right 

@ bfollowell - Hi there, the book pricing and availability will be listed on the website over the weekend, but I can confirm the following for USA customers.  (Priced in Euros, but here is a rough USD currency conversion):

1 X Book = ~$45  + Packaging and Registered (Recorded) delivery ~$28  (1.1kg)

2 x Books (both volumes) = ~$89 + Packaging and Registered (Recorded) delivery ~$33 (1.95kg)

292 pages, full colour, perfect bound.  Limited print runs. Books come with assorted Atari goodies.  The website will be updated over the weekend and have new images of both books if you want to just do some window shopping ?

Any other questions, ask anytime.

11 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

I'm sure they're awesome, but that's too crazy expensive for me. I just can't justify that.

Enjoy it guys!

Thanks for helping me not waste my time though.

They are awesome ?  Believe me, if I could reduce the cost and shipping in the morning I would.  Perhaps Albert could get a bulk order together for you guys and help reduce costs???

Karl

31 minutes ago, Zafinn Books said:

They are awesome ?  Believe me, if I could reduce the cost and shipping in the morning I would.  Perhaps Albert could get a bulk order together for you guys and help reduce costs???

Karl

Oh, I'm sure they are, and I'd love to add them to my collection, but I just can't justify that kind of money. International shipping is what it is and you can't do anything about it. I wish I could consider them, but the wife would kill me. I'll have to be content to sit back a drool over the images. I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling everyone you print though.

3 hours ago, bfollowell said:

Oh, I'm sure they are, and I'd love to add them to my collection, but I just can't justify that kind of money. International shipping is what it is and you can't do anything about it. I wish I could consider them, but the wife would kill me. I'll have to be content to sit back a drool over the images. I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling everyone you print though.

@ bfollowell - I was only kidding ?  We can't always justify the things we want, and wives can be dangerous in the wrong hands! ? (Joking of course!).

I've had a few bulk orders which have been distributed in the USA and Europe to save on shipping costs, and there are substantial savings when 5 or more books are ordered internationally.  Appreciate the kind words, and sorry you can't bite this time around.

If anything changes in the future I'll post on AA.

Karl

Last update of 2019:

FYI - Only a very very limited number of "Double Packs" of the book are now available, response has been overwhelming this evening.  Still a good stock of single copies of Volume One, and a dwindling stock of Volume Two.  This is the last print run this year, and perhaps for a while.  Last orders (if stock available) for Christmas delivery is 29th November.

Thank you to all of you who have bought a copy, and to all the kind words and feedback I have had from people here.

P.S. I've had countless e-mails asking about the Atari badges and stickers, so I might offer a nice "Atari Pack" of goodies for sale on the site next year.

• Like 1

I've got me double pack and it is beyond awesome.  I can't believe how much stuff you've managed to assemble into 2 wonderful books.  The price of the books is worth every penny but I know transatlantic shipping costs can be a killer...

I can't imagine the time and effort put into this.  I am a bit of an Atari collector and there are pages in here that are brilliant for reference of what came out when and in what sort of box!

This is as vital as Curt's Atari book (business is fun) and Art of Atari!

Thanks Karl ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 3:07 AM, RAShepherd said:

I've got me double pack and it is beyond awesome.  I can't believe how much stuff you've managed to assemble into 2 wonderful books.  The price of the books is worth every penny but I know transatlantic shipping costs can be a killer...

I can't imagine the time and effort put into this.  I am a bit of an Atari collector and there are pages in here that are brilliant for reference of what came out when and in what sort of box!

This is as vital as Curt's Atari book (business is fun) and Art of Atari!

Thanks Karl ?

Thank You very much for your support and kind words.  I'm still appeasing my wife and kids for all the time they say I was squirrelled away in my "Atari HQ" making these books ?

Karl

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 7:33 PM, orpheuswaking said:

Finally broke down and ordered these, they arrived today and I absolutely love them! A little bummed I made the mistake of letting my friends 5 year old open the package, tore the poster inside. But otherwise everything is perfect 

Glad you like the books @orpheuswaking, shame about the poster ? Send me message via the website with your order number and I'll send you another poster FOC.

Karl

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zafinn Books said:

Glad you like the books @orpheuswaking, shame about the poster ? Send me message via the website with your order number and I'll send you another poster FOC.

Karl

The books are amazing, I am glad I purchased them!!! 

@orpheuswaking - your poster left last week ?

I bit the bullet and ordered a small print run for January 2020.  First come first served, approx. 68 messages received from the website (www.zafinnbooks.com) since the 29th November asking when it will be available again, I have no idea how many of these will convert to actual orders, so I based it on the more heartfelt and endearing messages!  Small run in January of approx. 23 Double Packs (Volume One and Two), see how quickly these sell first.  Watch the website or the Twitter feed for more info early January.

JanuarySmall1.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Zafinn Books said:

Hi there, of course you can.  I have.... (checking)...  2 copies left of Volume Two available on their own.  You can see what is available on the order page via the website.  If you order a copy, make sure to select the correct country for shipping.

Thanks!

Order placed for Volume 2 ,thanks for your reply !

• Like 1