IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

Just starting a new thread now that the Phoenix has started shipping. I will be updating this post with more information.

-Up to date cores attached (Uploaded older stable CV version)

(Make sure when you download and copy onto the sd card that the file name doesn't change and that it doesn't append any (1) or anything like that.)

Updated CV Core (07/21/20) Rev 7

CORE01.PHX

-Re-written SN and AY sound modules

-Fix for early Opcode games (Magical Tree, Road Fighter, and sky jaguar)

Atari 2600 Core(03/14/20) Rev 4

CORE02.PHX

Changes:

-Preliminary Cartridge support

-2nd player can now be controlled with colecovision controller in port 2

Service Menu (11/23/19) Rev A0

SERVICE.PHX

Install by pressing # to go to service menu and then press 3 to install service.

Changes:

-Added core revision display on install and load core screens

--------------------------OLD Cores------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atari 2600 Core

CORE02.PHX

Updated CV Core (11/23/19) Rev 6

CORE01.PHX

Changes:

-Changed Keyboard detection fix from port 30 to 31 to fix issue with Courtney

-Changed back to Courtney sound chip from generic AY chip

-Speech in Wizard of Wor and QBIQS fixed

-still might need a few audio mixing tweaks

-Fixes to F18a settings menu

CV Core(11/13/19) Rev 5

CORE01.PHX

Changes:

-Changes to the audio mixing

-Added menu on boot or reset for scanlines/flicker. Also works on sd loader

If you hold * or # on reset or power on, it will take you to a menu where you can adjust scanlines and flicker. This should fix the issue with 55AA games. 

-Put in M1 wait to fix ntsc/pal detection on QBIQS

-Changed Front LED to Yellow for CV core. This should help with power backfeed detection as the red LED should stay on after power is turned off if the issue is present.

Github pages for the Colecovision and 2600 cores have been setup below. You should now be able to report bugs in the corresponding repositories.

https://github.com/CollectorVision

Check the know issues here: https://github.com/CollectorVision/Phoenix-Colecovision/issues

Edited by Bmack36
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, Antoine said:

Got mine yesterday ! Color and sound are very Nice ! Sydney Hunter amazing!

Nice job!

Glad to hear they started shipping!  I assume they are shipped at or near the order they were preordered?  I'm probably around the middle of the batch.  How long are we expecting batch #1 to complete shipment?

50 minutes ago, mingus said:

Glad to hear they started shipping!  I assume they are shipped at or near the order they were preordered?  I'm probably around the middle of the batch.  How long are we expecting batch #1 to complete shipment?

Hopefully they are shipping in order. I think I should be fairly low on the list. They announced the sale around 10:30pm my time via Kickstarter backer email, and I ordered shortly after 5:30am the next morning.

Edit: It appears mine is on the way, and due to be delivered Saturday. Looks like it shipped 10/27. I never got a tracking number or any notification it shipped (unless it landed in the junk folder). 

But USPS has a service you can enroll in to track mail and packages. As soon as a package is scanned in to their network, they auto add it to my dashboard. Which is how I found it this morning. 

Edited by nick3092
  • Like 1

Just now, nick3092 said:

Hopefully they are shipping in order. I think I should be fairly low on the list. They announced the sale around 10:30pm my time via Kickstarter backer email, and I ordered shortly after 5:30am the next morning.

I waited a few months.  I sat there watching the kickstarter run out (I was a backer) and probably should have ordered right then. 

6 hours ago, Bmack36 said:

First post updated with updated core. The changes for Telebunny have been taken out as it was causing an issue with the sound.

Brian, I do think you should include a changelog with each core release.  This way people will then know (i) if the update is one that will benefit or is of interest to them, and (ii) where fixes are included in the update, users then know what they are and so can verify they work with their specific setup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Master Phruby said:

I think I have a bad unit. I can't run any cartridges. Every cartridge including Syndey Hunter brings up a white screen. If I start without a cartridge, I get the startup and then a list of colecovision roms. I've updated both cores found a the top of this page. I'm going to try a different tv.

There are 2 known issues at the moment.

The white screen on boot is one of them. Some TVs backfeed power to the system which keeps the system from powering all the way off. The best way to fix it is to use a HDMI switch inbetween the tv and Phoenix. Inserting some original games, like DK Jr., into the system when the power is off can actually power the system down and allow it to come back up. The other temporary option is to unplug the HDMI cable and put it back in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

There are 2 known issues at the moment.

The white screen on boot is one of them. Some TVs backfeed power to the system which keeps the system from powering all the way off. The best way to fix it is to use a HDMI switch inbetween the tv and Phoenix. Inserting some original games, like DK Jr., into the system when the power is off can actually power the system down and allow it to come back up. The other temporary option is to unplug the HDMI cable and put it back in.

I do have a switch between the second tv and the Phoenix. Turned it back on with no cart and it's in black and white. 

6 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

Try unplugging the HDMI and power then turn on the system with no cartridge. Does it boot up the first time? Is it only powering off the system and then turning it back on that generates the white screen?

A cartridge will always generate a white screen. Without a cartridge, it is in black and white with the switch. I've even restarted the switch. I'll try it directly now.

Edited by Master Phruby