IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

4 minutes ago, Master Phruby said:

The 2600 core is in color. I turned it off and back on again and reselected CV and it is in color now. However it refuses to acknowledge any cartridge plugged in now.

It is possible there is an issue with you system if it doesn't recognize any cartridges, in which case we would need to swap out your system.

12 minutes ago, zaphro72 said:

Just tried Moustrap and ya something is very f’d with my sound

Can you verify you have the core from the top of the thread loaded on the sd card and that it doesn't have any (1) or anything like that in the file name. Then try and install the core again by pressing #, then 1 then 1 after pressing the power button on.

15 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

Can you verify you have the core from the top of the thread loaded on the sd card and that it doesn't have any (1) or anything like that in the file name. Then try and install the core again by pressing #, then 1 then 1 after pressing the power button on.

I will verify that but will that also fix the Atari 2600 sounds as it is off too and the menu still has a repeated sound as well

I am in South Carolina and I received mine today.  Only briefly played it but it looks stunning.  

I initiated it with Gorf and then Defender with the colecovision controller and Edladdins controller.  Defender does not like Edladdins controller just like the original console?

13 minutes ago, AtariLeaf said:

I still hear it with the Atari core. Played centipede, berserk and frostbite and heard with all 3 games. Frostbite graphics are messed up too

The 2600 frostbite "ghost iceberg" issue is a current bank-switching limitation of sd card roms with FPGAs.

• Like 3

Have had numerous issues with the 2600 core.  Firstly I had no idea how to start a game but learned from Brian at CollectorVision how to do that.  Once in, I selected Tapper but continued to have problems.  The game image was part way up the tv screen and the top was cut off.  The picture was also jittery.  Once in, I also realized I had no clue how to exit the game and go back to the list.  I just turned off the Phoenix but that gave me a red light which I've got every time I've gone into the 2600 core.  I plugged a cartridge in and turned the Phoenix back on which gave me a green light and then no light once powered back off.

The core menu itself is a bit of an aesthetically unpleasant mess and very unintuitive, which makes having instructions necessary.  Hopefully they are forthcoming but even if they are, there's still the other issues as mentioned.  Anybody else had this? I don't want to try the 2600 core again until there's decent instructions available.  A big part of my purchase decision for getting the Phoenix was to play 2600 games as well as CV games so this machine is only part way there to being perfect for me.  I don't care about other cores.  The experience I've had on the 2600 core so far just makes me want a 2600 cartridge adapter all the more.  Hopefully then, playing 2600 carts will be as easy and pleasant experience as playing CV carts on the Phoenix has been.

Having said that though, I did get the white screen the 2nd time I powered on my Phoenix, which was also the last time.  I tried several times, once even getting a yellow screen and sometimes just a black screen with a "no signal" message.  I eventually got the Phoenix screen but by then I was so panicked and upset, I don't even know what I did differently to get it working that time.

2 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Have had numerous issues with the 2600 core.  Firstly I had no idea how to start a game but learned from Brian at CollectorVision how to do that.  Once in, I selected Tapper but continued to have problems.  The game image was part way up the tv screen and the top was cut off.  The picture was also jittery.  Once in, I also realized I had no clue how to exit the game and go back to the list.  I just turned off the Phoenix but that gave me a red light which I've got every time I've gone into the 2600 core.  I plugged a cartridge in and turned the Phoenix back on which gave me a green light and then no light once powered back off.

The core menu itself is a bit of an aesthetically unpleasant mess and very unintuitive, which makes having instructions necessary.  Hopefully they are forthcoming but even if they are, there's still the other issues as mentioned.  Anybody else had this? I don't want to try the 2600 core again until there's decent instructions available.  A big part of my purchase decision for getting the Phoenix was to play 2600 games as well as CV games so this machine is only part way there to being perfect for me.  I don't care about other cores.  The experience I've had on the 2600 core so far just makes me want a 2600 cartridge adapter all the more.  Hopefully then, playing 2600 carts will be as easy and pleasant experience as playing CV carts on the Phoenix has been.

Having said that though, I did get the white screen the 2nd time I powered on my Phoenix, which was also the last time.  I tried several times, once even getting a yellow screen and sometimes just a black screen with a "no signal" message.  I eventually got the Phoenix screen but by then I was so panicked and upset, I don't even know what I did differently to get it working that time.

Getting the Red light after turning off the system while in 2600 core is another clue that you are having the backfeeding power problem. If you put an HDMI switch inbetween that should go away. 

Pressing 1 on the cv controller will open and close the menu. To load a different game, just bring the menu back up and select load rom again.

Are there any pdf's for the manuals of the 10 games on the SD card?  I tried playing Tank Mission last night and didn't have a clue what I was supposed to do.  I do not like figuring a game out on the fly unless it's something as simple as Space Invaders.  I've always liked to peruse a manual before starting a game.  Even as a kid.

28 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

Getting the Red light after turning off the system while in 2600 core is another clue that you are having the backfeeding power problem. If you put an HDMI switch inbetween that should go away. 

Pressing 1 on the cv controller will open and close the menu. To load a different game, just bring the menu back up and select load rom again.

Something like this?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rca-3-in-1-out-hdmi-switch-box/6000198998614?cmpid=sem_google_en_pla_none_869128514_77864272265_None&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgZj75qjM5QIVyp-zCh09GAuVEAQYBSABEgLiCfD_BwE

Any chance this white screen issue and sound issue could be related? Would this switch box fix the glitch sound issue or is another tv the only solution?

I'm hoping not and it's either a cheap fix or better yet, a firmware fix.

Any idea why a certain brand of Toshiba tv would cause?

Edited by AtariLeaf

1 hour ago, AtariLeaf said:

Any chance this white screen issue and sound issue could be related? Would this switch box fix the glitch sound issue or is another tv the only solution?

I'm hoping not and it's either a cheap fix or better yet, a firmware fix.

Any idea why a certain brand of Toshiba tv would cause?

I am putting mine through a switch so I doubt it will fix it