IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

3 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

Yes unfortunately there's probably no one size fits all solution and going out and buying various hardware to hopefully fix the problem is not ideal, especially if what works for one person might not work for another

Its working fine on what brand of tv? Samsung?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keatah said:

If all devices are built to HDMI spec then there shouldn't be an issue. I wonder which device, here, isn't to specification?

Got this from stack exchange: "Hi Ive seen this many times in my years as a uverse tech, we call it voltage bleed out. Faulty electronic components inside the tv bleed out high amounts of voltage (200+ VAC) through the hdmi ports onto our receivers making them fail or lose signal. We identify this issue by waving a Foreign Voltage detector anywhere near the surface of the tv and holding it close to the tip of an hdmi cable that is only connected to the tv. To solve this issue and stop potential revisits, our techs install grounding module blocks. These grounding modules plug into your outlet with three prongs and have a coax screw on the bottom that we use to attach a piece of coax to the coax screw in the back of the tv. The results are instant. You dont get any voltage readings with the FVD on the surface of the tv or on the connected hdmi cables. Sometimes every tv is bleeding voltage and we install one for every tv to protect the equipment. Its still a mystery as to why this happens as we see it on brand new and older tvs. Hope this helps."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Antoine said:

Its working fine on what brand of tv? Samsung?

Toshiba. I should mention I used to have problems with my PS4 and this tv where it would occassionaly go to a black screen for 3 or 4 seconds then come back on. Sometimes I'd get what looked like tv static snow on the screen when playing and the only solution is unplugging the HDMI cable then plugging it back in.

Edited by AtariLeaf

24 minutes ago, AtariLeaf said:

Toshiba. I should mention I used to have problems with my PS4 and this tv where it would occassionaly go to a black screen for 3 or 4 seconds then come back on. Sometimes I'd get what looked like tv static snow on the screen when playing and the only solution is unplugging the HDMI cable then plugging it back in.

Hmmm haven’t had this issue with my Ps4 on that tv but I haven’t played a bunch

14 minutes ago, Mike Harris said:

2coolspirit already has his ADAM colored version up on EBAY with the inflated middleman price just like he does with all his cartridges.

All I want to know is if ADAM has been implemented yet because he has me blocked from asking questions.

The only available cores right now are Coleco and 2600. 

28 minutes ago, Mike Harris said:

2coolspirit already has his ADAM colored version up on EBAY with the inflated middleman price just like he does with all his cartridges.

All I want to know is if ADAM has been implemented yet because he has me blocked from asking questions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COLLECTORVISION-PHOENIX-SIGNED-EDITION-BRAND-NEW-colecovision-Only-5-signed/123962875824?hash=item1cdcc35fb0:g:O7EAAOSwXNRdv3ca

3 hours ago, Swami said:

Ugh.. The regularity and rapidity with which things like this show up on ebay is tiring. The scalping is tiring. Myself and my "gang" turn a blind eye to all this nonsense and just move along. Splotches of ink (signatures of any kind) shouldn't raise the value of any electronics unless designed by like space aliens or god himself!

1 hour ago, Mike Harris said:

Jeeze,,,
I'll wait 10 years and just pick it up at the good will for $20

There you go..

2 hours ago, Keatah said:

Ugh.. The regularity and rapidity with which things like this show up on ebay is tiring. The scalping is tiring. Myself and my "gang" turn a blind eye to all this nonsense and just move along. Splotches of ink (signatures of any kind) shouldn't raise the value of any electronics unless designed by like space aliens or god himself!

There you go..

I never understood the serial number thing either?

Prototypes of unreleased games..certainly. Or entirely / significantly different game play, that's cool too.   UNFINISHED versions of released games.... Who cares?

Let me pay FORD $1,00,000 for a partially assembled F150  LOL    Now that I posted this, I should buy some ford stock.   This may be a new big stream of revenue!

I bunch of people with more money than teeth just lined up for low VIN's and shit that didn't make it through the assembly line :)

34 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

First post updated with the following information:

Github pages for the Colecovision and 2600 cores have been setup below. You should now be able to report bugs in the corresponding repositories.

https://github.com/CollectorVision

The 2600 Source has been published and we are working on getting the cv source ready.

Are more detailed instructions for the 2600 core coming?

I was getting the red light after switching off the Phoenix when in the Atari2600 core and was told that it was because of the power feedback issue.  2 hdmi switches were recommended but the ebay one didn't ship to Canada and the amazon.com one added charges for shipping here.  Tried to find it on amazon.ca but couldn't so in the meantime, I simply switched to a different hdmi using the tv remote before turning the Phoenix off and voila, no red light.  Seems an obvious alternative to me and maybe you've all tried it but just in case, thought I'd put it out there.

1 hour ago, Bmack36 said:

First post updated with the following information:

Github pages for the Colecovision and 2600 cores have been setup below. You should now be able to report bugs in the corresponding repositories.

https://github.com/CollectorVision

The 2600 Source has been published and we are working on getting the cv source ready.

I've got the ball rolling and added some issues.  I have a few more that I'll compile and add later today.

I've been playing around with my Phoenix and a PS/2 keyboard.  I haven't seen a keyboard mapping guide anywhere yet so thought I'd put together what I've discovered so far.  Here's the current mapping for the ColecoVision core (Atari 2600 core to follow):

Joystick Port 1 (Player 1)
==========================

Cursor Up = Joystick Up
Cursor Down = Joystick Down
Cursor Left = Joystick Left
Cursor Right = Joystick Right
z = Left Fire Button
x = Right Fire Button
Top row numbers 1 thru 9 and 0 = Keypad numbers 1 thru 9 and 0
q = Keypad *
w = Keypad #

Joystick Port 2 (Player 2)

Not currently mapped.

Console Reset
=============

Esc = Reset

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

I've been playing around with my Phoenix and a PS/2 keyboard.  I haven't seen a keyboard mapping guide anywhere yet so thought I'd put together what I've discovered so far.  Here's the current mapping for the ColecoVision core (Atari 2600 core to follow):

Cursor Up = Joystick Up
Cursor Left = Joystick Left
Cursor Right = Joystick Right
z = Left Fire Button
x = Right Fire Button
q = Keypad *
w = Keypad #

Not currently mapped.

Console Reset
=============

Esc = Reset

The number pad on extended keyboards has 2=down, 4=left, 6=right, 8=up (there are probably tiny arrows in these directions on the keys along with the numbers.. I would prefer these worked as an actual controller keypad, especially on those separate number pads you can buy (and some folks have, for that purpose).

3 minutes ago, Swami said:

The number pad on extended keyboards has 2=down, 4=left, 6=right, 8=up (there are probably tiny arrows in these directions on the keys along with the numbers.. I would prefer these worked as an actual controller keypad, especially on those separate number pads you can buy (and some folks have, for that purpose).

Those cursor keys on the keyboard numpad are active on the CV core SD loader menu.  I'm updating my mapping findings right now and will post a more comprehensive one soon.

2 hours ago, Swami said:

I tried a PS/2 numeric keypad.... The only keys that are active are 2=down, 4=left, 6=right, 8=up so you cannot use it to select numbers or enter to fire... The Num Lock button does nothing to change the functionality.

Seeya

Joe

Edited by a2dconverter

5 minutes ago, a2dconverter said:

For the extended keyboard, does turning the Num Lock ON allow the keypad to select numbers (i.e. levels) instead of arrows?

Seeya

Joe

Not at the moment - no.  Pressing the Num Lock has no effect, the light does not turn on/off - it just stays off.  Same with Caps Lock in case anyone is curious.

I'm nearly finished my keyboard mapping update so full details of what is active very soon.

Okay, this is what I've figured out.  I cannot guarantee that it is error free so let me know if you find any corrections/additions.  I'll update this as cores are updated/added until such time as CollectorVision releases their own keyboard mapping list.  Hope this helps.

===============================
PHOENIX BOOT SPLASH MAIN SCREEN
===============================

q = * (=> BOOT CORE)
w = # (=> SETUP - PHOENIX SERVICE MENU)

=========
BOOT CORE
=========

q = * (=> QUIT)
w = # (=> NEXT 10)
Top row numbers 1 thru 9 and 0 = Core slot 1 thru 9 and 0
Esc = Phoenix Reset

====================
PHOENIX SERVICE MENU
====================

q = * (=> QUIT)
w = # (=> No function)
Top row numbers 1 thru 5 = Service menu item 1 thru 5
Esc = Phoenix Reset

PHOENIX SERVICE MENU ITEMS

q = * (=> BACK)
w = # (=> NEXT 10)
Top row numbers 1 thru 9 and 0 = Core slot 1 thru 9 and 0
Esc = Phoenix Reset

Note: To exit out of the CREDITS or SYSTEM INFO screens and return to the service menu items simply press any of the above active keys (q, w and 1 thru 9 and 0) with the additon of the x (Right Fire) key.  Pressing Esc will still reset the Phoenix.

============================================
COLECOVISION CORE - SD LOADER MENU & IN-GAME
============================================
--------------------------

Cursor Up & Numpad 8 = Joystick Up
Cursor Down & Numpad 2 = Joystick Down
Cursor Left & Numpad 4 = Joystick Left
Cursor Right & Numpad 6 = Joystick Right
z = Left Fire Button
x = Right Fire Button
q = Keypad *
w = Keypad #

No keys mapped.

-------------------------
Console Reset/Power Cycle
-------------------------

Esc = Reset/Power Cycle

===========================
ATARI 2600 CORE - CORE MENU
===========================

Cursor Up = Joystick Up
Page Up = Joystick Left
Page Down = Joystick Right
Enter = (Left) Fire Button

No keys mapped.

-----
Other
-----

Esc - Hide/show core menu

Note: The Atari 2600 switch positions are currently changed by toggling a setting on the top level core menu.  Move the cursor up/down to select the switch and press the Enter key (joystick fire button) to toggle that switch's position.

================================
ATARI 2600 CORE - IN GAME
================================

Esc - Hide/show core menu

No other keys mapped.

Got my Phoenix today. Some problems...mostly with the 2600 core. I started to read through the messages to see if I could find any other references to what I'm experiencing, but I will list them here.

1. Why, at least for me, does the 2600 menu seem squished? Also, and perhaps related, why when I start a game is the image stretched across my TV. The ColecoVision games appear in the correct resolution.

2. Pitfall...I get no sound effects except for when a barrel hits me. There is no sound when I jump or swing on a vine.

3. Millipede...there is nothing in the gameplay area except a black screen. No bugs, mushrooms or anything. I can move the gun at the bottom of the screen within the gray area and fire. I can hear the firing sound, but that's it.

4. Pitfall II...doesn't load at all. Stripes across the screen and a loud noise.

5. Polaris...same...doesn't load, stripes across screen and loud noise.

6. Pac-Man is the only game of the five I tried that appears to work correctly.

On the CV side, everything I've tried so far seems to work normally.