IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

Also Thanks to Everyone helping everyone out in this thread!  Bmack36 your help was invaluable and I learned how it works thanks to you.  And Ikrananka, sramirez2008, and AtariLeaf, you guys helped me out too and I appreciate it!  I feel like I was getting help sometimes in real time today thanks to this thread and now I feel like I've got it figured out and almost everything works Great!!

th?id=OIP.Y9-ZDvolhT0peCzqO2yxIAHaFS&pid

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

OK, So I also quickly checked out the red LED situation.  For my bedroom TV (a 40 inch Philips for what it's worth) usually once it goes red, it stays red until I unplug/plug the HDMI cable...Otherwise it'll stay red forever (it seems).   Once in a while though, it's only red for a split second and then goes out.  I'm thinking this is more likely after playing Atari instead of Coleco.   Also if you've played longer, like a whole game versus just a few seconds to test it, it seems more likely to Not go red.

And it almost never goes red on my Panasonic TV in the living room.

Very interesting.  Lots of different behaviour amongst all of the displays we all use.  The key thing is that if the LED is red when turning on the Phoenix it will not start properly.  So do whatever you have to do to get the red LED to go out and then you can reliably start the Phoenix.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mika73 said:

How many orders still needed for 2nd patch ?

Sent from my iPhone using 

Toby might be MIA for a little while after working his behind off this past month assembling and shipping hundreds of Phoenix units on top of the latest game releases which included the super hot Vanguard.

Hopefully J-F can chime in re your question because i'm interested as well after missing the cutoff date for the first run by one day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NIAD said:

Toby might be MIA for a little while after working his behind off this past month assembling and shipping hundreds of Phoenix units on top of the latest game releases which included the super hot Vanguard.

Hopefully J-F can chime in re your question because i'm interested as well after missing the cutoff date for the first run by one day.

Yes, Toby worked ALOT in the past months, and he is still manufacturing new games for December

We need about 200 pre-orders to make the 2nd batch happen
We're about 50% at this point

Depending on how it goes, this might be the last and final batch
So if you're on the fence, consider pre-ordering your Phoenix now if you want to secure one

• Like 2

13 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Anybody got a rom of the Atari 2600 Montezuma's Revenge to work?  I have what is supposed to be a healthy rom from atarimania and it doesn't work at all.  Just a load of lines and noise.  Tried ticking superchip but makes no difference.

I had the same issue as you with the Montezuma's Revenge rom from atarimania on the Phoenix.  However, try the rom in Swami's superb pack below.  The rom in that pack worked on the Phoenix for me with no setting changes.  Thanks Swami ? 

Hello all

I appreciate all the info in this thread, it helped me a lot. I am now able to run SD card games (both cores). However, there is no way I can get actual Coleco carts to work. I just get garbage in the screen. It worked for a couple of times and then just doesn't ever. Could my unit be faulty? Are there any effective steps in determining that?

1 hour ago, pmack10 said:

Hello all

I appreciate all the info in this thread, it helped me a lot. I am now able to run SD card games (both cores). However, there is no way I can get actual Coleco carts to work. I just get garbage in the screen. It worked for a couple of times and then just doesn't ever. Could my unit be faulty? Are there any effective steps in determining that?

Hi Paul. What games are you having issues with? Do some games work and some not, or is everything not working? When you power the system off before plugging the game in, is the red light on (assuming you have updated to v6 core with yellow light)?

I only have the Sydney Hunter cartridge that came with the system, so that is what I am testing with. The system powers off ok, the light goes completely off. I have also made sure to unplug the HDMI before plugging it back in and trying the game. I have not updated the core though. Like I mentioned above, all SD card games (for both cores) work fine.

5 hours ago, lucifershalo said:

ordered mine yesterday!! ;)

I didnt follow all the posts, but it seems that the console doesnt work with all HMDI Tv? ?

There are some issues with different tv's yes. They were working on changing something (maybe pixel clock, not sure) to try and help but I haven't seen any update yet. So far for me it works on my Samsung TV but on my Toshiba it had a terrible noise issue.

• Like 2

Hi everyone.  Just getting to use my Phoenix for the first time during a snow storm here in the STL.  Has anyone built a ROM pack with publicly released homebrews on it, too, yet?  I saw the Commercial Pack, but was hoping to explore some of the home brew stuff I don't have already. :)

Has 720p output been implemented in this system? I am very interested in this but honestly I don't feel comfortable putting down for a pre-order unless I know 720p is definitely supported. 480p on my 4k TV will look pretty dreadful. 720p upscales quite well and should be fine for this type of system, but 480 is not adequate imo.

• Like 1

Anyone else having issues with Slither and the Roller Controller? I'm on the latest firmware (6, it exhibited the same issues on 2) and occasionally the main character warps in a Northeast direction, and I tried it with two different Roller Controllers. On an earlier firmware it would often warp in a westward direction.

I haven't tried any other Roller Controller games yet, but was wondering if there were any issues on those? As far as I can tell, thus far I've had no issues with the Driving Controller, although I've only played Turbo.

Also, I find that my system does not power on/off nicely. I usually have to unplug both the power plug and HDMI cables and then plug them back in to have a good boot.

2 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Also, I find that my system does not power on/off nicely. I usually have to unplug both the power plug and HDMI cables and then plug them back in to have a good boot.

Bill,

This has been a known issue since the start.  Unfortunately some TV send current back to the phoenix over the hdmi cable.  Current solutions:

1. Different TV

2. Certain HDMI selector boxes will block the reverse current.

3. Plug in an old school CV cart, will drain the current from the capacitors in the phoenix.

4. Unplug the HDMI cable after turning off the phoenix.

• Like 1