IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

4 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Anyone else having issues with Slither and the Roller Controller? I'm on the latest firmware (6, it exhibited the same issues on 2) and occasionally the main character warps in a Northeast direction, and I tried it with two different Roller Controllers. On an earlier firmware it would often warp in a westward direction.

I haven't tried any other Roller Controller games yet, but was wondering if there were any issues on those? As far as I can tell, thus far I've had no issues with the Driving Controller, although I've only played Turbo.

I see jumps 2 or 3 times over 5 minutes with Slither, Armageddon, Turbo, ect., with the Roller Controller and EM2. I have an adapter setup that allows me to use modern trackballs/mice at Atari ST mouse resolution on the ColecoVision that has no such problems, which makes me think the Pheonix is missing a noise filter or debounce that needs to be added to the firmware. It seems most of their effort is going into the difficult task of getting it to work with the HDTVs that are incompatible, so those of us with TVs that work great will be waiting patiently for these other compatibility issues to be addressed.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Swami said:

I see jumps 2 or 3 times over 5 minutes with Slither, Armageddon, Turbo, ect., with the Roller Controller and EM2. I have an adapter setup that allows me to use modern trackballs/mice at Atari ST mouse resolution on the ColecoVision that has no such problems, which makes me think the Pheonix is missing a noise filter or debounce that needs to be added to the firmware. It seems most of their effort is going into the difficult task of getting it to work with the HDTVs that are incompatible, so those of us with TVs that work great will be waiting patiently for these other compatibility issues to be addressed.

As long as it will be addressed, I don't mind waiting. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

I've noticed that when I play CV games, I have to turn the volume up twice as high to get the same volume as when I play Atari 2600 games.  Everybody else have this?

Also noticed my character on Keystone Kapers (2600 core) "twitches" a little.  It's a major problem if it coincides with me ducking while a plane flies overhead.  The twitch results in a collision with the plane even though I'm still ducking.

Edited by insertclevernamehere
Forgot to mention it's the Atari2600 version

17 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I've noticed that when I play CV games, I have to turn the volume up twice as high to get the same volume as when I play Atari 2600 games.  Everybody else have this?

Also noticed my character on Keystone Kapers (2600 core) "twitches" a little.  It's a major problem if it coincides with me ducking while a plane flies overhead.  The twitch results in a collision with the plane even though I'm still ducking.

I just tested mine and I don't have any significant volume difference between the CV and Atari 2600 cores.  The volume seems to be about the same for me.

I also tested Keystone Kapers (2600 core) and played through to the stage with the planes.  I didn't experience any twitching of the cop character and was able to consistently duck under the planes and survive.

No idea why you're experiencing these problems but thought you'd appreciate some feedback from another Phoenix owner.

running it out to a hdmi powered box which converts to rca video red & white audio

on the hdtv lcd I have very low volume and have to crank it up

however using the same setup and outputing to a crt in another room the volime seems normal without needing cranking

sounds fine either way I just need to turn the volume up much more on one lcd tv.

2 minutes ago, digress said:

running it out to a hdmi powered box which converts to rca video red & white audio

on the hdtv lcd I have very low volume and have to crank it up

however using the same setup and outputing to a crt in another room the volime seems normal without needing cranking

sounds fine either way I just need to turn the volume up much more on one lcd tv.

My setup is sending the HDMI straight out to a Dell monitor (direct connection) with the audio out from that monitor connected to an external speaker via a 3.5mm audio jack.