IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

9 hours ago, mario64 said:

I am new to this system and thread so please forgive the noob question. If the console can load games via SD card is there any reason to purchase the Atarimax Ultimate SD cart? It’s expensive. Thanks

There are a few things that the Atarimax can do right now that the built in sd card doesn't. Boxxle and Black Onyx will work with atarimax and the built in sd loader doesn't support them yet. When using the atarimax, if you hit the reset on the Phoenix it will reset the game. Using the built in sd loader, hitting reset will currently take you back to sd loader menu.

13 hours ago, Bmack36 said:

There are a few things that the Atarimax can do right now that the built in sd card doesn't. Boxxle and Black Onyx will work with atarimax and the built in sd loader doesn't support them yet. When using the atarimax, if you hit the reset on the Phoenix it will reset the game. Using the built in sd loader, hitting reset will currently take you back to sd loader menu.

Thank you

Controller port 2 doesn't seem to work in the 2600 core.  I played Stargate last night, which as anyone familiar with Stargate/Defender 2 will know, it requires a 2nd controller.  The 2nd controller didn't work.  Just in case it was that game only, I randomly selected another game and chose game 18 of Missile Command, which is the first 2 player game.  Again, the 2nd controller didn't work.  I plugged another controller in but again it didn't work.  I turned the whole thing off and plugged in DK for the CV and selected a 2 player game.  The 2nd controller worked fine that time.  I can only conclude that the 2nd controller port doesn't work in the 2600 core.  According to the date on page 1 of this thread, I can confirm I have the latest version of the core. Please confirm if I am correct and if so, if a fix is being worked on, or advise on what the hell might be the problem with my Phoenix this time.  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Controller port 2 doesn't seem to work in the 2600 core.  I played Stargate last night, which as anyone familiar with Stargate/Defender 2 will know, it requires a 2nd controller.  The 2nd controller didn't work.  Just in case it was that game only, I randomly selected another game and chose game 18 of Missile Command, which is the first 2 player game.  Again, the 2nd controller didn't work.  I plugged another controller in but again it didn't work.  I turned the whole thing off and plugged in DK for the CV and selected a 2 player game.  The 2nd controller worked fine that time.  I can only conclude that the 2nd controller port doesn't work in the 2600 core.  According to the date on page 1 of this thread, I can confirm I have the latest version of the core. Please confirm if I am correct and if so, if a fix is being worked on, or advise on what the hell might be the problem with my Phoenix this time.  Thanks.

Please post this issue on the Phoenix 2600 GitHub so that it is properly logged.

https://github.com/CollectorVision/Phoenix2600/issues

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Please post this issue on the Phoenix 2600 GitHub so that it is properly logged.

https://github.com/CollectorVision/Phoenix2600/issues

Ok, I'll try but I don't use github and last time I looked, it didn't look remotely user friendly.  I couldn't make head or tail of it at all.  

Just now, insertclevernamehere said:

Ok, I'll try but I don't use github and last time I looked, it didn't look remotely user friendly.  I couldn't make head or tail of it at all.  

After you have an account, just go to the link I posted and click on the green "New Issue" button.  Give it a title, describe the issue, then click on the "Submit new issue" button towards the bottom.

34 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

After you have an account, just go to the link I posted and click on the green "New Issue" button.  Give it a title, describe the issue, then click on the "Submit new issue" button towards the bottom.

Ok, thanks.  Just to let you know, I was going to edit my original comment and change "hell" to "heck" because I thought it sounded too angry but by then, you had already responded!  Thanks for the quick responses.  I shall sign up and follow your instructions later when I have a bit of time.  Unfortunately the day of rest tends to be my busiest day.

I had a thought about this. Since you have an Atari core already (which will eventually be upgraded) what about an atari themed release version changing the labels and having an atari compatible slot convertor pre-installed and the atari core as the first but otherwise the same system.

of course the slot is the wrong size so I guess the riser would be needed. Might bring in a whole new audience though.

14 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

The plan is to start manufacturing in April/May 
We still need a bit more orders to proceed 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, digress said:

I had a thought about this. Since you have an Atari core already (which will eventually be upgraded) what about an atari themed release version changing the labels and having an atari compatible slot convertor pre-installed and the atari core as the first but otherwise the same system.

of course the slot is the wrong size so I guess the riser would be needed. Might bring in a whole new audience though.

It's not a bad idea to have an AtariVCS scheme Phoenix
Maybe we could do a bundle version wich would include the Atari cartridge adapter 

I'll talk about this with Toby and Brian 

• Like 3

On 2/17/2020 at 6:52 PM, AtariLeaf said:

Speaking of which, any idea how the adapter is coming along? 

I would love to hear some news about this as well!  The adapter is one of the biggest reasons I wanted the Phoenix.

Is there a target date or month you are thinking of for the adapter?

I love using my Phoenix all of the time!

• Like 3

This is your last chance to get a Phoenix Console!

We have no plan for a 3rd batch at this point
So if you were planning to get one, then this is the time to!

We've sold about 500 Phoenix in the first batch,  
We're missing about 75-100 pre-orders for the 2nd batch

If you're already a Phoenix owner, I would appreciate if you could leave a review, talk about your experience with it here :)

NOTE:  Don't wait until you see them ''in stock'' on our website, it won't happen since they're built-to-order

Pre-order your Phoenix Console here: 
https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-phoenix/

Actually I have wait it show up at stock before order or atleast release date before order.

How serious is that HDMI problem? People have told that it won’t work all TV? Maybe you should fix this before make more of these?

Because it would be real bummer if buy one and it won’t work with tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mika73 said:

Actually I have wait it show up at stock before order or atleast release date before order.

How serious is that HDMI problem? People have told that it won’t work all TV? Maybe you should fix this before make more of these?

There is still an issue with it and certain TV's yes. For example on my Samsung Q70 it will only work for me if I turn on my OSSC (with no signals going to the OSSC) which currently shares the same unpowered HDMI switch as the Phoenix. That leads me to believe if I just used a powered USB switch it would likely also work.

It worked on my 10 year old Samsung TV with no problems.

On my Toshiba tv there was a sound issue.

With the TV issue aside I have been very happy with how it handles Colecovision gaming and ColecoVision games look spectacular on it. The Atari 2600 core feels like it still needs some polish and I have had an issue with getting games to run at times. It seems for some reason that if I don't immediately click on "Start Game" after I load an Atari 2600 ROM then it won't start the game for me it will just be stuck on the Phoenix's 2600 menu.

11 hours ago, Mika73 said:

That's where I am as well. I understand how a small hardware manufacturer has challenges, but this seems like a dealbreaker, especially with the workarounds people have needed. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mika73 said:

I thought you were going to use a composite or SCART adapter.

I have issues with my Toshiba tv. I just use an hdmi to composite adapter and run it on a CRT and love it this way actually. 

Still no answer on the 2600 cart adapter? Still going ahead or scrapped? I don't use the sd card slot as others have said, it seems only to be partially functional 

Despite this I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 1