IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

On 12/2/2020 at 5:27 PM, Tron Unit said:

They literally copy/pasted the same e-mail they sent out in October.  Nothing has changed. 

Are you talking about the email they sent, or the post I posted?

Either way, there are many people posting in different places.  "I ordered 2 months ago, when can I expect it to arrive at my house" type posts.  So it would seem that they either didn't read any of the updates, think that it's 2021 already, or think that they are so f-ing special that they should have theirs by now.

ONe of many examples

image.png.b416f2665b8e8fed63b3fda7245ef7b8.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evg2000 said:

Are you talking about the email they sent, or the post I posted?

Either way, there are many people posting in different places.  "I ordered 2 months ago, when can I expect it to arrive at my house" type posts.  So it would seem that they either didn't read any of the updates, think that it's 2021 already, or think that they are so f-ing special that they should have theirs by now.

ONe of many examples

image.png.b416f2665b8e8fed63b3fda7245ef7b8.png

And that's exactly why (at least part of it) we don't want make more Phoenix once the 2nd batch is done

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m just curious. I know firmware has been done for the MISTer to play problematic A2600 games like Pitfall 2 on its A2600 core last April.  Is there a significant barrier to implementing this on the Phoenix’s core or is it a lack of time to devote to that core. I ask because I seem to remember the conversion from MISTer to Phoenix was supposed to be fairly straightforward. 

On 11/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, retroillucid said:

^THIS ^

We're all working on stuff for the Phoenix (hardware and sofware related) 

As for myself, I can't answer technical questions about the Phoenix, I leave this to Brian

I'm currently working on a bunch of exclusive games for the Phoenix with other programmers
Here's one of them

dt1.jpg

dt2.jpg

dt3.jpg

That looks bad ass

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, digress said:

"The HanimexPencil II core for the Phoenix was posted on Facebook Collectorvision Phoenix page"

I can't seem to find this. I'm not on facebook. Is there another spot I can get this and try it out. Thanks.

We'll soon have a dedicated section on our website

You should be on Facebook, even with a private account if you prefer that
We're posting exclusive news etc. on the CollectorVision Phoenix FB page

• Like 1

17 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Besides, everything ends up being posted here at some point anyway

I would hope that this forum would get updated just as soon as FB. I found out about the Phoenix here. I’m not on FB.

18 hours ago, retroillucid said:

You should be on Facebook, even with a private account if you prefer that

Not looking to set up private accounts either, but that’s just me. Again, as an owner of this device, I would hope that this forum is updated in a timely manner. Would hate to find out that we’re missing out on something, but the FB crowd isn’t. 

• Like 3

Latest official production status, general information, downloads and manuals should be available on the website by “Collectorvision” for the public. Like any other product in market.
Anyone could have access to it. Single point, easier to update.

Hopefully, this happens in the future.

Thanks 

Edited by alortegac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alortegac said:

Latest official production status, general information, downloads and manuals should be available on the website by “Collectorvision” for the public. Like any other product in market.
Anyone could have access to it. Single point, easier to update.

Hopefully, this happens in the future.

Thanks 

Oh they will 
We're just too busy right now to update the website
But yeah, a dedicated Phoenix page will be on the website, that's for sure

Edited by retroillucid

13 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Hope you don't have a smart phone either.... 

My smart phone does not run on Android nor iOS. That's a customized version of the now dead FirefoxOS.:( ...  unfortunately my phone comes to the end of his life.. :(  .. i'll have to change and surely won't be able to make run FirefoxOs on this new hardware. ..    i don't even have a Gmail account until now!  I resist... but it becomes harder and harder...there are more and more things (like administrative things) where if you don't have a smartphone on Android you can not do..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kynrek said:

Does anyone know if the SaveKey or Atarivox are supported through the controller port or if they could be included in the 2600 core?

No power line on pin 7 of controller port, like there is on the 7800. The core doesn't do very good with the fancy 2600 homebrews yet anyway, even if you added a power line to pin 7 of an adapter with a Zener diode isolator. I would wait for the cart adapter to re-evaluate.