IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

1 hour ago, KAZ said:

Are there any other cores for this besides atari 2600 and coleco?

I've googled everywhere, I can't find an answer.

1 hour ago, ColecoJoe said:

That's it so far.

20 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Not yet

There is the Hanimex Pencil II core made by a 3rd party (I think), but it only has one or two games.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/297894-collectorvision-phoenix-release-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4620087

27 minutes ago, Swami said:

There is the Hanimex Pencil II core made by a 3rd party (I think), but it only has one or two games.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/297894-collectorvision-phoenix-release-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4620087

Yeah, I know, I was the one who spilled the beans ;)
But it has not officially been released, yet

• Like 1

Are they going to update the cores anytime soon? I got mine yesterday and it came with the latest cores. However, when I went to play Heist, it would keep rebooting the game when I went to play the game.

Anyone else have this issue with Heist? I know my copy works because I tried it on a standard CV with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 12:09 PM, Zinister said:

I have a question.  I updated my Phoenix to the latest service release.  Since I did the update I no longer see the boot screen to press # on so I can install and update the other cores.  Any ideas?

same here...  I emailed tem last week no response yet, I'll try the face book groups next

14 hours ago, mtshark7 said:

Are they going to update the cores anytime soon? I got mine yesterday and it came with the latest cores. However, when I went to play Heist, it would keep rebooting the game when I went to play the game.

Anyone else have this issue with Heist? I know my copy works because I tried it on a standard CV with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

they use github for reporting bugs:
https://github.com/CollectorVision/Phoenix-Colecovision/issues

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtariBrian said:

That is not good, I know they had cart door issues before. Thought they would of fixed that.. 

something wrong with the spring not pushing it back up?  If I turn the unit upside down it closes again but if I push it down it stays down.  I am beyond frustrated after waiting so long and this is what I get.  I can’t even crack the case open because it will ruin the sticker on the front.

51 minutes ago, Tron Unit said:

something wrong with the spring not pushing it back up?  If I turn the unit upside down it closes again but if I push it down it stays down.  I am beyond frustrated after waiting so long and this is what I get.  I can’t even crack the case open because it will ruin the sticker on the front.

You don't need to remove the sticker to open it up.  There are four screws on the bottom, one hidden under one of the rubber feet.  Gently remove that rubber foot and you'll easily be able to stick it back on afterwards.  Remove those four screws and you'll be able to open the unit up.  The spring may have become dislodged in transit and if that's the cse is easily reseated.

1 minute ago, Tron Unit said:

The problem is the lower half of the sticker on mine is covering right over the case seam so even if I unscrew it will crease the sticker when I have to lift it back to see what’s going on inside.  

The front sticker is all a part of the bottom assembly. You can take it apart without touching or moving the sticker.

41 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

The front sticker is all a part of the bottom assembly. You can take it apart without touching or moving the sticker.

Ah!  Thank you!  That sure was deceiving. I was afraid it was going to jack it up.  The last thing I wanted to do was crack the case open and jack it up.  

Ok so I got it off and the tension spring was off from the recessed slot on the hinge.  Put it back.  It worked.  Put a cartridge in and pulled it out and it came out of the groove again.

Also there is no need to update the service menu on the second batch. If you "revert" a second batch phoenix to the service menu posted on the first page in the thread, the video will not work. The menu will still function but nothing on the screen. SO you will need to update blind by pressing # then 3. You should then see the led change to purple while updating and then back to the green.

Service Core for Second Batch Phoenix(only needed if accidently flashed with previous service menu). There is no reason to update a first revision phoenix with this version.

SERVICE.PHX

Edited by Bmack36

2 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

Also there is no need to update the service menu on the second batch. If you "revert" a second batch phoenix to the service menu posted on the first page in the thread, the video will not work. The menu will still function but nothing on the screen. SO you will need to update blind by pressing # then 3. You should then see the led change to purple while updating and then back to the green.

Service Core for Second Batch Phoenix(only needed if accidently flashed with previous service menu). There is no reason to update a first revision phoenix with this version.

SERVICE.PHX 460 kB · 0 downloads

No idea what any of that means.  Nothing was updated out of box.  Why would these not have shipped with current firmware installed?  In any case if it needs updated how would I go about doing this?

11 minutes ago, Tron Unit said:

No idea what any of that means.  Nothing was updated out of box.  Why would these not have shipped with current firmware installed?  In any case if it needs updated how would I go about doing this?

This was in response to Zinister's post about flashing old service menu.

The system were shipped with the latest version, but in this instance an old "incompatible" version was flashed which caused video to cut out

Edited by Bmack36

3 hours ago, Tron Unit said:

Well boo just hooked upmy Phoenix I get sound no picture at all.  Same issue on different HDMI ports.  My Samsung QLED does not recognize a source signal.  Audio is going through my Yamaha receiver.

To your original issue you can find more info here: https://github.com/CollectorVision/Phoenix-Colecovision/issues/1

Does it do the same thing when hooked directly to the TV instead of through the receiver?

One solution is to get this adapter which fixes the unsupported video on my Samsung TV:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KVRYWDF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&fbclid=IwAR3aOmJ4kHvpCSFnk3T81CL50RvnfY96thHYOBp4Tzvk6Y7ycyXlfZ3wMDQ
It says it is HDMI to composite, but it has HDMI passthrough which works on mine.

Edited by Bmack36

1 minute ago, Bmack36 said:

To your original issue you can find more info here: https://github.com/CollectorVision/Phoenix-Colecovision/issues/1

One solution is to get this adapter which fixes the unsupported video on my Samsung TV:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KVRYWDF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&fbclid=IwAR3aOmJ4kHvpCSFnk3T81CL50RvnfY96thHYOBp4Tzvk6Y7ycyXlfZ3wMDQ
It says it is HDMI to composite, but it has HDMI passthrough which works on mine.

Ugh I already have that scaler for my Colecovision.  That really kind of defeats the entire point of upgrading to the Phoenix then as all of the video is being scaled through that box which is what I was looking forward to eliminating.  I read it coukd be an HDCP compliance issue with the HDMI cable not supporting it?  Maybe get an HDMI 3.0 cable instead of the one that was included?