IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

Bmack36

On 7/18/2021 at 3:44 PM, AtariBrian said:

I know the cart is new but did you try cleaning the contacts on the cart? I had to do that once or twice to a brand new homebrew on an original console...

I tried it and unfortunately, it didn't work.  The best I get is a title screen which either stays and never moves on from there (according to the manual, there is 2 title screens and a demo mode) or the same title screen keeps going on and off or I get a completely blank screen.  There is absolutely zero sound during all this.  I've also played with inserting the cartridge only partially and also pressed 5, then 1 as per manual to start a game.  Nothing.  I thought Al tests the carts before he sends them out and if so, I guess it worked for him and it's down to a quirk of my Phoenix.  I hope not.  The whole point of replacing my CV was to rid myself of a temperamental system so it's doubly annoying to replace my CV with something even more temperamental!  I still haven't heard from Al, which is longer than the 24 hrs AtariAge states it will take to receive a response but I'm giving him some leeway because of how busy he's been.  I just hope there's a satisfactory outcome to all this.  I just want the game to work.?

I have 2 vizio tv's that work fine.  55 inch and 37inch  I can try it on the samsung at some point..

Note.  The 55inch has issues with the tivo cable box.  But if I change off the correct HDMI input and then go back to it, it will then display.

Have you tried this with the Phoenix?

I don't know the model #'s off the top of my head...  But if will build an actual compatibility list, I will look them up.

Being as I am looking to upgrade before football season starts.... This could be useful to me!!!!  Thanks!

On 7/13/2021 at 9:49 PM, panzeroceania said:

Is anyone selling a Collectorvision Phoenix? Where should i look to buy one?

I'll gladly sell mine.  It's a gen zero model (my name's in the manual as a backer).

Between the dodgy HDMI display support, the back-power issue (that could have been avoided with proper EVT testing and a Schottky diode), and the arrogance of the folks behind it, I'd like to be rid of it.

USD$50.00 plus EMS shipping from Japan and it's yours.  PM me to arrange.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 3:22 PM, evg2000 said:

unnamed.thumb.jpg.a28e77ffc6a1a86ed8e2df665fec74f4.jpg

I just got a 2nd cart from Al at AtariAge and that one doesn't work either.  I don't understand how other people are getting this game to work on their Phoenixes but I can't.  Collectorvision, please help!  Any more suggestions?  I have revision 7 to the CV core installed.  What about other people?

47 minutes ago, Swami said:

Is this FujiNet going to have all the same SDMax type properties, as well.

* virtual disks/tapes over local or network

* virtual printer emulation (print to PDF)

* WiFi Modem

* A new network device with protocol offloading of many different protocols (TCP, UDP sockets, but also HTTP/S, SSH, SMB, TNFS, NFS, FTP, and others)

See: 

-Thom

6 hours ago, smog-097 said:

How do I get one of these consoles?  I can't seem to find any where on the website to order (or pre-order)?

Collectorvision hasn't opened up a list for pre-orders of a third batch yet. Watch the forum as I am sure when they announce a 3rd pre-order they will post here.

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2021 at 2:39 AM, youki said:

ColecoVision PX – Coleco / ColecoVision (coleco-colecovision.myshopify.com)

There is a white sticker hidding something on the Colecovision PX box , do you know what is hidden here?

I believe that,  at the last second, they decided Not to call it the:

SUCKER BUNDLE PACKAGE

• Haha 3

On 9/10/2021 at 1:39 AM, youki said:

ColecoVision PX – Coleco / ColecoVision (coleco-colecovision.myshopify.com)

There is a white sticker hidding something on the Colecovision PX box , do you know what is hidden here?

I think when I initially saw that box a while back, it said "Chameleon Bundle Package"...because of the negativity associated with that name and the debacle that happened with the Chameleon a few years back, seems the ole New Jersey Rap King decided to slap a sticker over the Chameleon part in hopes no one would know!!! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, lawdawg710 said:

I think when I initially saw that box a while back, it said "Chameleon Bundle Package"...because of the negativity associated with that name and the debacle that happened with the Chameleon a few years back, seems the ole New Jersey Rap King decided to slap a sticker over the Chameleon part in hopes no one would know!!! 

you are correct, someone on FB posted a picture and you can read it through the sticker

84DD2640-C8B5-4F18-B4B3-D55AE5F0E78F.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evg2000 said:

you are correct, someone on FB posted a picture and you can read it through the sticker

84DD2640-C8B5-4F18-B4B3-D55AE5F0E78F.jpeg

That's hilarious ? (and more than a little sad for the Phoenix). Sadder that he considered passing this off as the fruition of the Coleco Chameleon, then tried to hide it with semi-transparent tape. I wondered what possessed him to put a chameleon on the box. Don't give up on the window business Chris. Unfortunately, people are climbing over each other to buy these for a $100-$200 markup because it's sold out (okay, $200 markup gets you an Adam controller).

I will say the Phoenix seems quite in demand for a console so many people thought would flop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, youki said:

i don't understand, he renamed the phoenix :  Chameleon?

the "Colecovision Family Computer System"  is to make thing it is compatible Famicom? ?

He recycled the name from this fiasco below.

Chameleon (video game console) - Wikipedia

JF mentioned in a Facebook post that CollectorVision requested that Chris remove the name Chameleon from the box.

Edited by MMarcoux66