IGNORED

7800 POKEY Games in Store with PokeyONE Installed

Albert

I've updated the store to make five different POKEY-compatible homebrew games available with the new PokeyONE board:

Beef Drop VE (PokeyONE Included)

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest (PokeyONE Included)

Froggie (PokeyONE Included)
Pac-Man Collecition (PokeyONE Included)

Super Circus AtariAge (PokeyONE Included)

image.png

You can also order POKEY versions of these games where you can supply your own POKEY chip or Ballblazer cart (which has a built-in POKEY chip we can utilize). 

..Al

• Like 17

25 minutes ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Is there an example of pokey sound vs non-pokey sound?

Super Circus and Bentley Bear require the Pokey chip, so no comparison there.

There's vids on YouTube showing both versions of the other games. Trebor (also on YouTube) typically demonstrates Pokey versions, while most others show TIA versions. He might even have some side by side vids, but you get the idea. YouTube is your friend.   :)

4 hours ago, save2600 said:

There's vids on YouTube showing both versions of the other games. Trebor (also on YouTube) typically demonstrates Pokey versions, while most others show TIA versions. He might even have some side by side vids, but you get the idea. YouTube is your friend.   :)

Thanks. In listening to the pacman collection in both standard and pokey sound,  I did not hear a huge difference.  The pokey sound was a little crisper based on what I heard. The standard sound was just as good otherwise. 

Edited by Oldschool80skid

4 minutes ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Thanks. In listening to the pacman collection in both standard and pokey sound,  I did not hear a huge difference.  The pokey sound was a little crisper based on what I heard. The standard sound was just as good otherwise. 

The POKEY sound for Pac-Man Collection is much better than the TIA sound, in my opinion, and much closer to the arcade.  The difference is less noticeable for Froggie and Beef Drop VE, but still obvious to me when I listen to them. 

..Al

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Albert said:

The POKEY sound for Pac-Man Collection is much better than the TIA sound, in my opinion, and much closer to the arcade.  The difference is less noticeable for Froggie and Beef Drop VE, but still obvious to me when I listen to them. 

..Al

I went back and listened longer. I can say I heard more of an arcade sound 2nd time around.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:16 AM, save2600 said:

Super Circus Atari has two modes: Pokey and TIA for audio.  If it sees a POKEY chip present it plays POKEY audio, otherwise it plays TIA audio.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Curt Vendel said:

Super Circus Atari has two modes: Pokey and TIA for audio.  If it sees a POKEY chip present it plays POKEY audio, otherwise it plays TIA audio.

Did not know that! According to the AA Store:

...If you want a copy of Super Circus AtariAge, you'll need to either send us a POKEY chip or send us a Ballblazer cartridge and we will remove the POKEY chip. 

Don't see an entry for a non-Pokey Super Circus AtariAge cart in the store yet either. 

8 hours ago, save2600 said:

Did not know that! According to the AA Store:

...If you want a copy of Super Circus AtariAge, you'll need to either send us a POKEY chip or send us a Ballblazer cartridge and we will remove the POKEY chip. 

Don't see an entry for a non-Pokey Super Circus AtariAge cart in the store yet either. 

I'd check with PacManPlus and/or Albert to make sure, its been a while since I played it, I had an early release version but I recall it playing audio in TIA mode if not POKEY was detected.