IGNORED

If you once were a member of NintendoAge visit now to be shocked

A2600

Being a dual "AGE" member, member here at Atariage and member over at Nintendoage was very shocked to see how NA has literaly gone down the gutter. First is was the AD banners now this I dont know what to say maybe I am getting old and I am becoming the "get of my lawn" type of old man. But its true I am not pleased to see what it has become.

I dont know let me know what you think?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Don't the same people who own NintendoAge also own SegaAge? I hope SegaAge doesn't go that same way.

I went to NintendoAge.com but it redirected it to a site called gocollect.

Unfortunately the SegaAge forum contents were also tossed into the NintendoAge archive on the new GoCollect forum, so I think SegaAge will eventually be going away. I haven't heard anyone talk about what's going to happen to SegaAge or the PS Collecting forums. Those forums might just wind up becoming abandoned. 

Video Game Sage seems to be a solid forum with some good elements putting the pieces back together.  What the buyer of NA did was despicable entirely.  It reminded me of losing a job 15 years ago when one company merged into mine with the promise of keeping the olders locations around for sales, repairs, etc as I did CSR/tech work on PCs.  Before the ink tried on april fools no less, I thought I got a prank call as I had the day off, it was no joke.  Two weeks to clear out, and if we didn't do the work as the moving crew, we'd get no severance.  I still refuse to ever touch a gateway or an emachine to this day.  They promised one thing, did another, same here with NA.  For better or worse that site and its members did not deserve that kind of knife in the back style treatment at all.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 10/30/2019 at 9:38 PM, teh_lurv said:

Just an FYI: a group of the NintendoAge moderators and members who weren't happy with the recent direction of NintendoAge pooled their resources and started a spiritual successor to the forum: Video Game Sage. It went live about two weeks ago.

It's nice that the collecting discussion is confined to its own section, separate from a section dedicated to actual gaming.

On 10/31/2019 at 4:38 AM, teh_lurv said:

Just an FYI: a group of the NintendoAge moderators and members who weren't happy with the recent direction of NintendoAge pooled their resources and started a spiritual successor to the forum: Video Game Sage. It went live about two weeks ago.

I was very shocked at the sad (and abrupt) fate of NintendoAge too :(. I'll miss this place.

Hopefully, Video Game Sage is a very promising replacement, with a broader scope than before! The new forum tool they use is the same as AtariAge's, which is a good sign! :)

• Like 1

I haven't used that site in years. I'm not an NES expert by any means and asked a genuine question and got nothing but sarcastic responses back. I haven't been back since. I've heard a lot of stories over the years of the poor quality of moderation and the holier than thou attitude of many collectors there and decided it wasn't a place for me. Atariage is home.

• Like 7

No surprised, there's little money relatively speaking into Sega stuff compared to Nintendo.  When you start seeing a sealed game racket for Sega games going over $1000 or $10000 then you'll see the greedy lots put a space up for it because with their pyramid of interest with wata/heritage they can get people to 'go collect' those things and turn everyone there a profit.  Clearly the takeover was calculated to not do what was said, but to basically scorch earth the site as it was and take the profitable parts to make more out of it.  Dain gave up and sold out, and either willingly or unknowingly sold out to someone with motives they kept quiet until it was time to pull the trigger.  VGS seems to have the good assets of what was NA between the people, talent, and information so it will take up the place but with what appears to be a more balanced and spread design.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:14 AM, AtariLeaf said:

I haven't used that site in years. I'm not an NES expert by any means and asked a genuine question and got nothing but sarcastic responses back. I haven't been back since. I've heard a lot of stories over the years of the poor quality of moderation and the holier than thou attitude of many collectors there and decided it wasn't a place for me. Atariage is home.

Do you remember what the question was? I wonder what provoked the sarcastic responses.

7 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

No it was a newb question though iirc since I knew little about the NES 

It was not just you, don't worry. There was a lot of double standard Tomfuckery on that site from time to time on top of that unwelcoming attitude you are speaking about. The first couple years it was really good. I was actually asked to be a moderator when it first opened up but I declined and just stayed on as a member. After a couple years went by it got too big and too clicky with some folks. They would endorse selling there own fake NES stadium events carts but ban other members for doing the same that where not on the inner circle. The user based changed over a few times and each new wave of users seemed to bring their own set of "issues".  Overall it was a good site. Now it is not. Now it the the husk of a decade worth of user generated data that has been mined by a company down to a pile of left over 1's and 0's that didn't fit into their profit plans.

• Like 4