IGNORED

If you once were a member of NintendoAge visit now to be shocked

A2600

1 hour ago, malrak said:

I recently signed up for the site and was greeted very pleasantly.  I'm sure you had your usual jerks there, but my (very) short time there gave me high hopes of a new community to play around in.  Sad it's gone so soon.

This is where most regulars have migrated to. https://www.videogamesage.com/

And yes, NintendoAge has a lot of good people. I've been a regular both here and over there for years.

I'd argue it's not gone.  I'd say that it has been recovered in more ways than one.  I'm back on there, and my tanooki account had been out of that place for years and in that period it was a different beast, one that caught flack for the attitude you see people mention and I'm just not seeing it now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 11:30 PM, Shawn said:

It was not just you, don't worry. There was a lot of double standard Tomfuckery on that site from time to time on top of that unwelcoming attitude you are speaking about. The first couple years it was really good. I was actually asked to be a moderator when it first opened up but I declined and just stayed on as a member. After a couple years went by it got too big and too clicky with some folks. They would endorse selling there own fake NES stadium events carts but ban other members for doing the same that where not on the inner circle. The user based changed over a few times and each new wave of users seemed to bring their own set of "issues".  Overall it was a good site. Now it is not. Now it the the husk of a decade worth of user generated data that has been mined by a company down to a pile of left over 1's and 0's that didn't fit into their profit plans.

This. I just found out about the site take down, and while there was obviously some good traders there, there was alot of outright BSing that caused the site to slip several years ago. Alot of people who would demand a little knock off on the price compared to ebay, you know, from one collector to another. OK. And more than once, I would later see the games I just sold to these 'collectors' end up on ebay within a couple months with the guy reaping the profit.  I'd also get guys wanting free shipping on 10-15 dollar games, shipping cutting so much into whatever I was going to make I may as well give you the game for nothing.  Greed/how to make a quick buck became the overriding principle there.  Half of them didn't even seem to really play the games. So I stopped going there quite some time ago.  But it is still sad to see the whole site (and SegaAges) overturned and ruined. 

I hear alot of the younger guys say that Atari/classic games are 'too old', and maybe that acts as an insulation to a certain degree from the worst of the game 'collecting' scam artists/con men. 

Edited by dmaxwell
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone

I was able to get a hold of the new owner of the site. Anyways the appearance is way different from what

I had done but the information still stands there but to never to be updated again.

Well they gave me where they stored it . If anyone wants this information for For your Sega Genesis

records Please copy it.

Pass this address on to anyone who may still be looking for it. It 7 years worth of work and the owner of Sega age.com

and Nintendo age.com wanted me to start this in 2013. Now here a short time to still get this information before it all gone.

https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/98190/finding-the-oldest-sega-genesis

Thanks

Sean

Edited by Sean39