IGNORED

Atari A8 collection for sale

Atari8bitCarts

Everything pictured here. $$7,250 takes it all :)

http://www.atari8bitcarts.com/ataricollection.html

Atari 8-bit Cartridge Collection (400 800 XL 1200) Huge Lot. 

I’m selling the remainder of my collection, that spanned over 20 years.

It represents mostly cartridges as that is what I focused on, over 500 cartridges.

There is, however,many disk sets, empty disks, and loose disks that represent some rare items in addition.

I’ve taken pictures of everything so please review that for quality, etc. as there are many items making it difficult to photograph each.

I’ve summarized the major collection contents below. You get every Atari item pictured.

Serious inquires only.

Many rare and extremely rare cartridges.

Summary:

4 – Cassette recorders Boxed

1 – Trackball boxed

1 - Numeric Keypad boxed

8 – Atari covers for many devices, 2 NIB

4 –Printers, 3 boxed

1 - Box Misc.printer devices

1 –Bytewriter EPROM burner, complete, EPROM eraser, misc. items

3 – 1200XL computers (one has had the keyboard repair as the keys can become difficult)

3 – 800 XL’s Boxed

1 – 800 XL for parts

3 – 800’s boxed

4 – 1050 disk drives boxed (one happy upgraded)

1 – 1050 drive loose

4 – 810 drives,one happy modified

1 – Trak Drive

1 – Very nice Centurion Enterprises drive

2 – 400’s loose

1 – 600 XL boxed

1 – complete 800 NEW boards and chips to rebuild an 800

1 – crate of controllers

1 – crate of disks

1 – lot of boards and chips

1 – box of master Atari program cassettes

1 – lot of blank diskettes (10 per box)

1 – lot of disks, commercial and copies (hundreds)

1 – crate of Atari 2600 carts (~70) with a 2600 for parts

1 – box of misc. power cables, SIO cables, etc. For all the devices as extras

1 – box of game manuals

Cartridges:

1 – lot White shelves, all NIB and CIB (232 cartridges, few duplicates. Some very rare)

Loose Cartridges (see link for pictures) - 329 some very rare

1 – lot Cartridge display case 

1 – box of misc. Atari carts 

1 – crate (white) of cartridges 

1 – crate (black)

1 – lot of boxed Atari and misc. carts. Pictured. 

1 – Atari convention banner

1 – lot of Atari manuals

1 – lot of empty disk holders

You can have all the shelving and desk

You can have the custom cartridge display case

Smoke free home, personal collection for more than 20 years
Edited by Atari8bitCarts
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I love this stuff. But what I found is that I have a dedicated room to Atari and no one was really getting to enjoy the stuff. I did on occasion.

But the long and short of it is that I loved the hunt and now that I'm getting older it's becoming harder in day to day life to keep up.

I think someday, I'll be back in and getting it all back :) But for now, I want someone else to enjoy it.

I've also been working on car restoration projects... my latest is a 1970 Opel GT for my wife.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

I covet all of those silver boxes. Just a beautiful grouping of those titles. :)

Okay, I have to ask -- what is that setup in the second-last picture? Is that a candlestick phone next to an 800? What is going on there? 

lol, no I have light box that I purchased to take photos of the items I sell, etc. That is a light on a small tripod next to the box for small items to shoot.

• Like 1

I inquired about this collection several months ago on ebay.....

I searched through the pictures, but still can't see everything (like in the pile of loose carts).....are there any copies of Matterhorn, Gold Mine, or Sammy Lightfoot in there? (or any other super rares for that matter)  i'm sure if they were in there, you would be pointing them out with pics of their own, but i just have to ask to make sure....

I'm getting many asking about breaking it up. You're welcome to offer something for an item(s).

I really would like to sell it all off. I realize that is a tough pill to swallow, but it's a great deal.

And for those who keep asking what I have, please see the pics. As they are all photographed.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jinroh said:

Man this is a killer collection. :D

Will be awesome for whomever picks this up from you. I would if it was not 7 years worth of allowance, after my paltry paycheck. xD

I would love to have this myself.  But I also have a desire to continue living indoors.

• Haha 2

On 10/31/2019 at 3:32 PM, Atari8bitCarts said:

Don't get me wrong, I love this stuff. But what I found is that I have a dedicated room to Atari and no one was really getting to enjoy the stuff. I did on occasion.

But the long and short of it is that I loved the hunt and now that I'm getting older it's becoming harder in day to day life to keep up.

I think someday, I'll be back in and getting it all back :) But for now, I want someone else to enjoy it.

I've also been working on car restoration projects... my latest is a 1970 Opel GT for my wife.

The hunt and all that surrounds it. It's overrated. And a shitload of busywork if you continue to chase after things. Take a lot of time for very little return. You can spend an hour going to a GoodWill shop across town and come home empty handed. Or pay a premium price on eBay for some ratbagged item that needs a good cleanup/repair.

If you ever think you're going to get back into it, well, don't sell it in the first place. Pack it away in some sort of storage. It will be like 5x as hard starting all over again. You will spend 2x as much as you make from any sale, and the quality won't be as good as what you have now. You will spend weeks and months tracking down every cart title-by-title. It will quickly become a hollow depressing experience.

An alternate idea is to reduce and simplify. Pick a few key pieces of hardware that is representative of the 8-bit ecosphere to you and keep them. And go with emulation + flashcart to pick up the rest. I'm doing that right now with my Apple II stuff.

Currently working on disposing of nearly a full garage worth of material, but keeping the items I had as a kid and a few other things. The rest is covered (quite excellently I may add) by emulation.

You can still have access to all the titles, experience vintage hardware for real, not have a mess, not be emotionally burdened with duplicates and triplicates, and you will be able to stay on top of maintenance because it's just a few pieces.

Emulation will give you instant access and superb reliability. So it's a good thing!

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...