IGNORED

Removing case badge withgout destroying it

I received my new U.K. 520STE that I'll be converting to a U.S. unit. I will be upgrading the RAM to 4MB and I have beautiful new old stock Atari 4160STE upgrade case badge that I want to install on it. I don't want to destroy the old badge in the process of removing it though. Is there a good method for removing the old badge without bending/warping/destroying it in the process?

Also, what would be good to use to install the 4160 badge that would leave it easy to remove if needed?

Thanks.

Heat and some dental floss gently worked underneath the label, then kinda see-saw it back and forth 
As for the replacement, something not too sticky, and not too much of it, I think I used a glue stick when I did mine years ago

16 hours ago, mimo said:

Heat and some dental floss gently worked underneath the label, then kinda see-saw it back and forth

Huh? ? You just gently push through the two holes underneath the label.

Take off the top cover. See those two holes underneath the label? Just gently push each hole until the label comes off. That's how I did it.

2 holes are the way to go. I've had the edges still stick hard though and it want

to "bulge" where I was pushing through the 2 holes so I always keep an Exacto

knife (super sharp, think scalpel!) and it will get under the edges without doing

damage. Just go slow and careful - watch that knife too - it's like its got a razor

/laser edge!

PS I use it for doing my D&D paper models.