IGNORED

SNES Loads Game Cycles Start

Ms. Ziggie

After getting a HDMI adapter for my SNES I tried setting it up today for some All Stars action. Ran into a problem I’ve never had before. This is my original console (Classic SNES chunky) and  I’ve used it randomly over the years with no issue until today. 

Got everything plugged in. Adapter is getting power. SNES powers on. Game loads. I press start, All Stars does the fade out sound and animation, and then black screen no video followed by reloading back to the start screen. This goes on for eternity. 

I've been looking at different troubleshooting videos and other threads but I can’t find any that have the exact same issue. I’m not sure if the issue is the game cartridge or the console because I only have one game for it. I’m leaning towards console because the game does load it just won’t progress farther than the start menu. Obviously, something isn’t allowing it to progress farther than that. 

Any ideas? I’m tempted to take it apart and clean the connectors, but thought I’d see if anyone thought it could be one thing over another. 

I'd start cleaning the connectors. Without at least another game to check, it's very hard to pinpoint any kind of issue. It could be that the connector is dirty, that your game is busted... or that your console is busted - the game menu may use only basic video display which your console can display, then it load a more complex graphic item and it crashes.

Personnaly I'd go for connection issue first. I know that if I switch my SNES from 50 to 60 hertz after booting All-Stars but before the menu, then the game glitches, so I assume the game does tricky video things.

Edited by CatPix