IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 12 ~ Polaris

Vocelli

22 minutes ago, Vocelli said:

I would say SBAZ said it best.(Quote Above)

You MUST progress in the game. (How fun is leeching/farming anyway?)

So, please no leeching but we need to trust in each other. Play Polaris like it suppose to be played.

I don't want the HSC to be some technical/replay/accusing mess.

Have fun and don't leech/farm on Polaris.

That's reasonable.  If you eliminate any game that can be leeched then you eliminate a lot of fun games.  If you allow leeching then it's just an endurance/patience contest with everyone having rollover scores.

besides,  this is all just for bragging rights anyway.  There's no money or prizes involved.

11 hours ago, gbag said:

227,800....I got to a little over 100k when I realized the destroyer trick...then leached/farmed a little over 100k in about 30 minutes.....then the depth charge got me in my last life and killed me.  I think level number is a good scoring mechanic for this game...only problem is how do u get the picture if you die on the surface stage?  Or we just make an honor system.... no killing the destroyer.

C2801635-4974-4609-948E-24D57338D864.jpeg

Please disregard above score...I leeched.  I agree 100% with vocelli...good man...or woman...onward and upward!!!

I think everyone seems to be being pretty reasonable about this-

It's not anyone's fault the game can be played so stinkilly, I was actually pretty excited on discovering it on my own, and like it or not, there is some fun in cracking games on your own, but I truly did hesitate to post a score, I knew it didn't quite feel "right" for competition.

Lol, I'll be putting a big stinker on this one, I promise, I can't deal with those darned mines at all...

:P

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ZilchSr said:

Interesting. I would have assumed that one of the core principles of leeching is that it inherently gives a player an unfair advantage over other players who don't leech, unfair advantages being prohibited by the rules. Perhaps it is simply a misconception of mine, but I am having a challenging time coming up with any instance of leeching being anything other than an "unfair advantage", unless of course everyone else has been informed that it is acceptable (Infiltrate is a good example of leeching being universally acceptable)

First of all, I want to point out that I did not leech at all for my current score. However, in my tries since then I have done some moderate leeching (like maybe three destroyers on a single level). But it's SOOOO boring. I like to get high scores, but I prefer having fun and getting a feeling of accomplishment. I'm not sure extensive leeching is going to be very prevalent when playing this game. I got 99 problems and I ain't got time for that. 

EDIT: I'd like to point out that leeching in this game does come with some risk, albeit limited. You could get hit by the destroyer's charge, although one can quickly learn how to avoid it. I'm not excusing leeching -- I just thought it fair to point out that it's not necessarily a free for all. 

Edited by AtariWarlord
Had more to say.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

Out of curiosity are most people shooting the mines or just dodging them?  I tend to dodge them unless I get lucky with my shot.

I suck, but I still think it's prolly best to plan on trying to shoot them, and evade as a last resort.

*Edit*-

Not for points, for safety.

Edited by Rogerpoco
  • Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 6:37 PM, Tempest said:

Out of curiosity are most people shooting the mines or just dodging them?  I tend to dodge them unless I get lucky with my shot.

Oh thanks for the information that you can shoot the mines! I should've read this before playing. ? I'll try next time! ?

• Like 1