IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 12 ~ Polaris

Vocelli

On 11/6/2019 at 7:57 AM, Tempest said:

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your post where you talked about having two scores then.  No insult intended.

LoL! I was messin' with ya. I absolutely leeched to get the 500K+ and 1.1M scores. If a player waits until around the 13th or 14th level to start leeching, they can easily reach 1M in about an hour and a half. The boats come out every 90 to 100 frames at that point (about every 3 seconds).

• Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 12:37 PM, Tempest said:

Out of curiosity are most people shooting the mines or just dodging them?  I tend to dodge them unless I get lucky with my shot.

For me, it depends on the circumstances. As you probably have noticed, the mine traversing speed cycles every 4 levels (until the 16th level, where every level thereafter behaves identical to the 16th, and the level indicator turns from numbers into an asterisk) starting from barely moving to zipping back and forth. I go out of my way to make sure I shoot the mines on the first three speeds (regardless of level), but on the fastest speed, I will always make a couple of attempts to shoot, and if the attempts fail, Ill speed up or slow down to time the mines being on the opposite side of the screen fir me to scoot by. Its been effective so far. You can check out my YouTube channel to get an example. I just uploaded a run a couple of days ago that shows the strategy.

• Like 2