IGNORED

Deepening of the RF to AV converter tested with various intellivision.

MauAnouk2012

Hi to all.

First of all, I apologize for my bad English

After reading the topic opened by Emanuele with the title: """LTO Flash! and Intv console used on a HDMI tv""" I thought to give my modest opinion on this RF-AV converter.

Today I felt the urge to test with different consoles, to see how it behaves.
The price is really interesting. You can easily find it on Aliex...s Chinese site

.... Let's say you can solve the problem of new TVs that no longer have the analogue tuner.

Of course it does not make any signal upgrades, so obviously it does not improve anything ... (much more expensive devices can do this rescaler).

It is true that it has no instruction booklet, but it is very simple.

After the connections with the various cables, the converter's signal appears on the TV's AV channel, with the writing of a 1 at the top right. You must then press the "SYS" button on the remote control to determine the regional area of the console (and we will have the following options. M for NTSC - BG for PAL – I for PAL U.K. ed again DK) At this point, we turn on the Intellivision , and tuning in with the "SEARCH" button on the remote control.

At the end of the tuning the TV signal will appear.

It 's important to use a direct rf cable without going through the classic TV / Intellivision switch, to have the maximum video signal without losses

Unfortunately for French consoles it doesn't work, it doesn't support the SECAM format. For those U.K. it has some difficulty in tuning but patiently at the end you succeed.

Now I insert photos of the various consoles tested with this converter.

Sear Telegames

1540059435_SearsTelegames.thumb.jpg.44367a2d8b88387d17d6dca1acfafadd.jpg

GTE Sylvania

2134409090_GTESylvania.thumb.jpg.0adc0dd850866a4cc5ea490c8ee2101c.jpg

Tandyvision One

93237428_Tandyvisionone.thumb.jpg.63d4ceedff7789ec59d7dd27fa9d5634.jpg

INTV System III in NTSC and Pal version (photo of NTSC)

1069865254_IntvSystemIII.thumb.jpg.4aac6831bfcb036cdbf33e42b5dfcde7.jpg

Super Pro System

20191101_151141.thumb.jpg.0fb50265e6166247a55136c9f8ad07e2.jpg

Intellivision Brazil -(Inteligencia na televisao)

1377831803_IntellivisionBrasile.thumb.jpg.7b28bf6c317ab82ec28cd8969d456828.jpg

Intellivision Pal Italia

1995978716_IntellivisionItalia.thumb.jpg.81a8ea2dcc73904bacaf0251584a27b6.jpg

Intellivision PAL - U.K.

588151836_IntellivisionU.K.thumb.jpg.b7b4336ddc076fc33a53f1138f407835.jpg

Intellivision NTSC  USA

753835042_IntellivisionUSA.thumb.jpg.6acba2f997ca83f9b0bd5861a68ea4d4.jpg

Intellivision II

254365147_IntellivisionII.thumb.jpg.317952dd185a0a0bb1b8230862514601.jpg

I also noticed that on some new European TVs, a synchronism problem may occur. I am obviously referring to new TVs but they still have the analogue tuner. Connecting the console directly to the TV, without using the converter, practically in the upper part of the screen the synchronisms do not hold and result an image like a flag with wind. This happens only with intellivision Pal. It does not happen with the NTSC intellivision.
If instead the RF signal passes from the converter and we see our image in AV, the problem of the synchronisms is solved in discreet way.

Direct signal in TV by RF cable

304346290_conRF.thumb.jpg.759ba29daaf4b64220b3cb1da63ed75e.jpg

Signal RF in RFtoAV converter.

1898348515_conRF-AV.thumb.jpg.fe03a23db0e5d0250a236439f231bdd8.jpg

Wishing to have been useful to someone, I am at your disposal for any further clarification.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, stupus said:

Also does this have both a pal rf coaxial input and a ntsc rf coaxial input? Or do you use an adapter for one or the other?

It has only an RF input. Accepts rf signal from intellivision both PAl and NTSC. It is only necessary to set which of these PAl = BG europe or I for U.K. and M for NTSC

3 hours ago, Bamse said:

Thanks for the info.

Would you be able to upload some video of the picture generated?

The images you see on my TV are all different, all generated by the console you see and I specified before each photo. That is to say I have practically photographed the beginning of the game of each single console to be able to have a comparison between all of them.

I have already packed all the consoles tested in their boxes with cellophane (Sears, Tandyvision, Sylvania etc. etc.). I can do this with an Intellivision NTSC or a PAL that I always keep available.

Tell me what you would like to see in particular. No problem

4 minutes ago, MauAnouk2012 said:

The images you see on my TV are all different, all generated by the console you see and I specified before each photo. That is to say I have practically photographed the beginning of the game of each single console to be able to have a comparison between all of them.

I have already packed all the consoles tested in their boxes with cellophane (Sears, Tandyvision, Sylvania etc. etc.). I can do this with an Intellivision NTSC or a PAL that I always keep available.

Tell me what you would like to see in particular. No problem

It's hard to see pictures quality from a still image. If you can, I'd like to see a video of some game play.

7 minutes ago, Bamse said:

It's hard to see pictures quality from a still image. If you can, I'd like to see a video of some game play.

Sure. You are right. As soon as I can, I try to post a video. However the quality remains more or less like the RF one. Absolutely not rescaled. It's a video composite. Let's say that it can be an alternative to the circuit that could be inserted inside the console by taking the signal from the console modulator. In this way you do not have to pierce the plastic of the console to insert the female rca or you must not let out any wire from the console.

7 minutes ago, MauAnouk2012 said:

Sure. You are right. As soon as I can, I try to post a video. However the quality remains more or less like the RF one. Absolutely not rescaled. It's a video composite. Let's say that it can be an alternative to the circuit that could be inserted inside the console by taking the signal from the console modulator. In this way you do not have to pierce the plastic of the console to insert the female rca or you must not let out any wire from the console.

Are you saying you think the picture is comparable to an av modded intellivision?

1 hour ago, stupus said:

Does this only put out a pal composite signal? Can this be used on a ntsc tv?

On the website of this converter is written:

6.Features AV input and output ports, applicable to all television use.

Obviously I used it on a PAl TV. But always on the site there is the possibility to order it for EU or US.
You have to see if the difference is only for the 110 volt or EU 220 volt power supply type. Probably I guess it will also be for the type of video output. Pal or NTSC.

I don't have a TV only NTSC to do the test. I have TVs that accept RF signals in NTSC / PAL / Secam.

I'll do some tests on these anyway by selecting the specific NTSC input.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Are you saying you think the picture is comparable to an av modded intellivision?

Yes. The signal is very similar to the console rf output signal. Does not improve quality. The advantage is that of being able to play with new TVs that no longer have the analogue tuner but only the digital one. And if you use a TV with still the analogue tuner, the advantage is not having to search for the channel, but simply selecting the AV input. As for the internal modification, I always refer to the change in video composite, not to the more complex one to transform the console with RGB output.

2 hours ago, MauAnouk2012 said:

On the website of this converter is written:

6.Features AV input and output ports, applicable to all television use.

Obviously I used it on a PAl TV. But always on the site there is the possibility to order it for EU or US.
You have to see if the difference is only for the 110 volt or EU 220 volt power supply type. Probably I guess it will also be for the type of video output. Pal or NTSC.

I don't have a TV only NTSC to do the test. I have TVs that accept RF signals in NTSC / PAL / Secam.

I'll do some tests on these anyway by selecting the specific NTSC input.

Thanks!

You have a link to the site with both versions?

I just bought the 1 off amazon, but it has a pal rf input and not a ntsc rf input.

So i probably will be getting something that just puts out pal composite :(

5 hours ago, stupus said:

Thanks!

You have a link to the site with both versions?

I just bought the 1 off amazon, but it has a pal rf input and not a ntsc rf input.

So i probably will be getting something that just puts out pal composite :(

Hi.
No problem,post one of the links where it is sold.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000266938391.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.71874c4dl86YcV

If you think that what you bought on Amazon can give you problems, I think you can take the AV output signal and enter this other converter. I use it with the AV output of a NTSC Dreamcast on an old cathode ray tube TV, which does not accept the NTSC signal, but only PAL and works very well.

20191102_091239.thumb.jpg.60aead598171d26d6ccb5f2d210c798e.jpg

20191102_091301.thumb.jpg.8ae6e69213c7ab550a034457df5140c5.jpg

I can't be sure that it also works with Intellivision signal, but I think so. It doesn't cost that much either. In the case also post one of more link for this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32983069963.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.34882565W8TbVF&algo_pvid=c508e99c-1325-458a-952c-949f4c59f7cc&algo_expid=c508e99c-1325-458a-952c-949f4c59f7cc-43&btsid=353bba7e-28f8-48e1-b5ab-1ee4c84a2042&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_52

Have a nice weekend ?

6 hours ago, stupus said:

The problem is not the RF entrance, in fact at the entrance I attached the console PAL EU - PAL U.K. - NTSC USA / JAPAN.

I think maybe the problem is the yellow AV composite video output.

At this point my humble conclusion is that this should determine the choice to buy either EU or US, the AV output of the manufacturer.

Note:

In the link I wrote above for the RF-AV converter you can choose where there is the word "color" if EU or US. for the United States the cost as I write is $ 12.64 ... for Europe it is $ 17.25.  ???

Edited by MauAnouk2012

19 hours ago, Bamse said:

Thanks for the info.

Would you be able to upload some video of the picture generated?

I tried as you asked, to make videos.
I used to test an Intellivision with internal AV modification. In this way we have the possibility to evaluate 3 different types of signals that arrive on TV.

this is an intellivision PAL with RF and AV output with internal modification.

338405492_intvprova.thumb.jpg.e29fc694a5e27575e5fe280d9cdfabb2.jpg

This is how you see on TV using only the RF cable coming out of the console and at the entrance to the direct TV, through an analog TV tuner.  (without going through the converter)

This is how you see on TV using the console's AV rca output directly to the TV's AV input. (without going through the converter)

This is how you see on TV using the console's RF output, entering the converter and exiting the converter with an AV cable and entering the TV's AV input socket.

The quality of the footage is not beautiful .... but I hope that it will be able to make you evaluate the differences.
In my opinion, all three are very similar when viewed live.

PS    -----    In the last two movies the audio is low, but it is only due to the different volume adjustment of my TV compared to the first.

Edited by MauAnouk2012

Get something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/ANHAN-Adapter-Satellite-Antenna-Connector/dp/B0776P291H/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=pal+male+to+f+female+jack+rf+coax+adapter&qid=1573240896&sr=8-1

One much like that came with a cheapo USB-TV-stick I got on eBay a year or three ago.

NOTE: I'm not sure if that's PAL on the other end, or "standard" coax. I know the one that came w/ the USB TV stick is standard coax on the other end.

I'm a bit more confident about this one:

https://www.showmecables.com/f-type-female-to-pal-male-adapter?msclkid=6641c19110b81f22fd709c54d13bf63f&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(ROI) Shopping&utm_term=4577473065487075&utm_content=Coax Connectors %26 Adapters

Usa and europe have different standards for rf coaxial plugs.

Usa/Canada use F connector coax plug

Europe/Australia use Belling-Lee coax plug

The female belling-lee is the one on the back of these convertors for input. It is easily converted to the F type with a small adapter. Get male belling-lee to female F connector adapter.

Exactly like the one intvsteve linked too.

Edited by stupus