IGNORED

Deepening of the RF to AV converter tested with various intellivision.

MauAnouk2012

23 hours ago, First Spear said:

Thank you for sharing this info!

What is the name of the antenna cable type? It is not the typical USA RF coax type. Thanks.

image.thumb.png.4a2b1c2a0f2ffaa211c4b6b9efa1ff17.png

Hi
From the link I wrote above, you can choose this converter for the United States or for Europe. Obviously I had taken it for Europe. PAL. What is sold to the United States, I don't know what kind of connector it has as input. I think it has the type F female, (and not RF coaxial) but I'm not sure of that. It should be different from the European one, because it should predict the AV composite video output signal in NTSC. So be careful when you need to make this purchase.  

If someone buys it for the united states, I would be grateful if you could post a photo of the Input and Outputs

Now I've ordered one with an HDMI output .... (hopefully good ... I'm not very confident).

Edited by MauAnouk2012
  • Like 1

I received 1 that should be for usa.

I havent checked it yet.

I will check it and report back.

Also will test it out when i can.

I got mine off amazon though.

Both plugs are rf coaxial though. Usa and europe just have different standards for the shape of the coax rf. F type and belling-lee are both rf coaxial connectors.

So mine has a usa style 120v psu.

But it still has the pal style rf coax input.

So maybe they all just have the pal style input port?

No adapter was included. It came with remote and a composite cable set.

I can see why alot of people on amazon left angry reviews. Most people here in the usa would have no idea what the pal rf jack is at all lol

Im still uncertain how it could output both pal and ntsc composite though....not sure if thats possible?

Hopefully i can test it this weekend and if it only puts out pal composite then I can just get 1 of the pal to ntsc pass through composite convertors and hopefully be good.

Its actually handy having the pal rf input for me as i want it mostly to hopefully play old pal rf out consoles on my ntsc sets.

• Like 1

I use this to capture my game play. I have it running a little funky though through a HDMI converter into my capture device out to my 50" TV. Here are some pics and rough videos of it running from my HDMI converter directly to my TV. The picture quality looks a lot better in person actually better than my AV modded Intellivision. I'm in the US by the way and my Intellivision is a NTSC version.

IMG_7181.thumb.JPG.c33882337e51bbf25633542e5a0d6bc4.JPG

IMG_7182.thumb.JPG.ec1a2cde05b5606fa6b2bb300ad0d08f.JPG

IMG_7180.thumb.JPG.80c86630a1c28e10724ae09d1eaa847d.JPG

And here are the different resolutions from my HDMI converter.

• Like 1

Looks fine to me but i'm pretty used to it this way so it could be displaying a little off. I just notice the colors are a little more saturated on the videos than they are in person. Like the buns and the green on the meat.

Oh yeah and I just remembered I adjusted the color on this input on my TV when I was playing Treasure of Tarmin. I'll try resetting it tomorrow and uploading another video if there's a change.

13 hours ago, stupus said:

So mine has a usa style 120v psu.

But it still has the pal style rf coax input.

So maybe they all just have the pal style input port?

No adapter was included. It came with remote and a composite cable set.

I can see why alot of people on amazon left angry reviews. Most people here in the usa would have no idea what the pal rf jack is at all lol

Im still uncertain how it could output both pal and ntsc composite though....not sure if thats possible?

Hopefully i can test it this weekend and if it only puts out pal composite then I can just get 1 of the pal to ntsc pass through composite convertors and hopefully be good.

Its actually handy having the pal rf input for me as i want it mostly to hopefully play old pal rf out consoles on my ntsc sets.

5 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

I use this to capture my game play. I have it running a little funky though through a HDMI converter into my capture device out to my 50" TV. Here are some pics and rough videos of it running from my HDMI converter directly to my TV. The picture quality looks a lot better in person actually better than my AV modded Intellivision. I'm in the US by the way and my Intellivision is a NTSC version.

IMG_7181.thumb.JPG.c33882337e51bbf25633542e5a0d6bc4.JPG

IMG_7182.thumb.JPG.ec1a2cde05b5606fa6b2bb300ad0d08f.JPG

IMG_7180.thumb.JPG.80c86630a1c28e10724ae09d1eaa847d.JPG

And here are the different resolutions from my HDMI converter.

I am very curious to know how yours works.
So you "STUPUS" having taken it from Amazon are not dark for the US or European market.
In summary .... I think then that the NTSC and PAL converters have an equal RF input for the two versions. (for the US version the adapter is needed. for the European version no) In any case the converter accepts both PAL and NTSC input as shown by my various tests at the beginning of this discussion.
The problem I would like to understand is the output. I am convinced that the AV Videocomposito output is different depending on the region.
"COLECOJOE" uses in addition, another converter to have an HDMI output. But I believe that "probably" its converter in HDMI accepts in input is a Videocomposito Pal that Ntsc.
For this reason I cannot understand if the outputs from the Chinese converter is a Pal or NTSC video composite.
You should be able to try it directly on TV using only the composite video.

Very interesting thread, with a lot of hints.

Question for all of you on the use of Intv and LTO Flash! with a HDMI TV: after playing a game, pushing deeply RESET do you move back to a menu without any problem?

When I do it, black screen and I have to relaunch the frequency setter on the RF to AV box.

Does anybody have the same problem? It is bizarre...

Edited by Emanuele

4 hours ago, Emanuele said:

Very interesting thread, with a lot of hints.

Question for all of you on the use of Intv and LTO Flash! with a HDMI TV: after playing a game, pushing deeply RESET do you move back to a menu without any problem?

When I do it, black screen and I have to relaunch the frequency setter on the RF to AV box.

Does anybody have the same problem? It is bizarre...

Mine goes back to the menu. 

On 11/9/2019 at 9:51 PM, stupus said:

Ok, cool. The colors all looked off like if it was a pal color scheme displaying wrong on ntsc tv.

Here is a picture going straight to RF into my crt

28AE0084-D101-4178-8DFA-5D2DD392E973.thumb.jpeg.b448415c19c3954327340f07d8a5bbd2.jpeg

and the same crt going through the composite converter 

4C219B15-7C2A-4B35-A63B-EFA39BFE88BD.thumb.jpeg.38594b25f32c601007f9806f57721d25.jpeg

It’s very hard to get a clear picture but in person I don’t notice any color change aside from that haze on top that shows up when running through the converter. 

Got one of these. I guess the nice way to put it is: You get what you pay for.

On my CRT, when there is no signal tuned in it's completely unstable, the picture "rolling".

On my new TV, the input is stable, but pretty ugly with lots of "tearing".

Managed to switch the language to English by accident - though we did find that you can use smartphone apps to translate if you're stuck in Chinese!

So far, I've only confirmed that it works on NTSC channel 3. When a good signal comes into the device, it produces a stable image on both my old analog tube TV and the newer OLED TV (both via composite). That said, I think the picture and sound are still better with the original RF.

Hopefully I'll be able to discover a hole in my schedule and try out the PAL systems I have. The frustrating thing is that I did not find an explicit way to change the video standard.

• Like 1

I finally tested mine.

It definitely puts out a pal composite signal.

Rolls terribly on a ntsc that is known to not handle the pal signal.

I dont know if there is any way to set the output in the menu?

Its all in chinese so i have not been able to do any additional testing.

Anybody know how to change the menu language lol

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, stupus said:

Anybody know how to change the menu language lol

I changed it by accident! When I get home I will try to locate the menu item so you can just go by position in the menu.

16 minutes ago, stupus said:

It definitely puts out a pal composite signal.

So, if you have PAL RF input, you get PAL composite output, and NTSC RF input produces NTSC composite output? Darn.

I'm not sure if my new TV supports PAL input or not. Pretty sure the old analog does not, which is sad -- old game systems look so much better on that TV than the new one.

• Thanks 1

Cool, that would be great help!!

So the unit output is pal composite.

Unless there is a way to change it.

With nothing hooked up the menu is displayed as pal composite output.

So i guess you can have any type of input to only pal composite out.

Unless that can be changed in the menu.

Otherwise a little pal to ntsc composite converter should allow it to output ntsc composite....but i need to order 1 to test this.

I wanted to wait to see if settings could possibly change the output in the menu.

Thanks!

On 11/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, intvsteve said:

I changed it by accident! When I get home I will try to locate the menu item so you can just go by position in the menu.

It would be really interesting to have the English language. I made some attempts but I couldn't.

On 11/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, intvsteve said:

So, if you have PAL RF input, you get PAL composite output, and NTSC RF input produces NTSC composite output? Darn.

In input you can select what type of RF TV signal you want to put. With the SYS key on the remote control, letters will appear in sequence. BG - I - DK - and M for the NTSC. I'm not sure that the input signal will be respected at the exit. When I have a moment, I try to do this with an old TV, which I am sure accepts only the PAL and does not recognize the NTSC. In this way I think to find out if the output signal of my AV converter bought for Europe and therefore PAL, can also exit in NTSC.

Yes, getting english menu would be so helpful!

Thanks for the info, i will try again knowing these settings.

Mine puts out a pal composite signal without anything hooked up.

The output of just the menu is definitely a pal composite signal.

My guess is it just puts out pal composite but can take any type of input thru the settings choices.

So unless it has settings to also change the output i think its pal out only.

This was my guess seeing the pal rf input.

Unless they make a different model with ntsc output too.

But like we said if its only pal output the pal to ntsc composite convertor box should work to remedy this for ntsc users. I will probably order 1 shortly. 

Thanks again!

OK, here is the procedure to change language (I think!):

1. Press MENU button on remote
  2. Use the VOL+ or VOL- button to make sure the upper left characters are underlined
  3. Press the CH- button; if you see letters like M, BK, etc. then press CH- again
  4. Press the VOL+ button to change language

Here are some pictures.

Steps 1, 3:

20191122_020126211_iOS.thumb.jpg.87019d3fb9e201dd8512eaea92b4db7d.jpg

Note the underlined characters in the upper left:

设置 [SET]

The second row of characters:

>语言 [LANGUAGE]   中文 [CHINESE]

When you press VOL+ you change the setting. The display will change to look like this.

20191122_020129511_iOS.thumb.jpg.88a0a1984c8f3e20f46ab82366f31952.jpg

I don't understand what TUNER actually does. The other setting, that shows M, BK, etc. is called SOUND, and is under the SET menu.

When I was playing with this, with an NTSC Intellivision connected, the only effect changing the setting via the SYS button on the remote seemed to be was whether the sound worked.

Anyway, there you go!

The key is to use the "UP" (CH+) "DOWN" (CH-) buttons and the "Left" (VOL-) and "Right" (VOL+) buttons to navigate. I found the responsiveness of the remote and menu to be terrible, often having to start over because the menu dismisses itself after a few seconds of not receiving input.

• Thanks 1

I did some quick tests always using the RF-AV converter

With INTV USA NTSC in input and SYS positioned in M, in output from the converter we have an NTSC signal.

20191122_151238.thumb.jpg.03cd3e67bb92361b7317aff044516e56.jpg

With INTV EU in input and SYS positioned in BG, in output from the converter we have a PAL signal.

20191122_151559.thumb.jpg.725f4ab1d7db8642f954ecbf8af2bf61.jpg

At this point we are quite sure that the signal that enters will exit the same system. So there are not two versions of converter, one for Europe and one for the United States, but only one version. What changes in the shipment I think is only the power supply.

If we want to use an EU console on a US TV, we need to use another converter like this one in the picture below, which goes from PAL to NTSC and from NTSC to PAL.....but...

Here I used an NTSC INTV with a TV that does not accept NTSC signal but only PAL.

20191122_152927.thumb.jpg.c3e57eb7037623e62e28afb9984e10f9.jpg

... unfortunately, however, a problem arises .... everything is ok with a fixed image. When we start the game this happens ...... all in spurts ?

---

I'll insert the video as soon as possible.

-.....Maybe we should try a more serious PAL / NTSC / PAL converter.

13 hours ago, intvsteve said:

K, here is the procedure to change language (I think!):

Really Thank.  

I tried and everything is ok.

But I didn't find any possibility to select an output in PAL or NTSC. The signal as I wrote above must be fixed AV and equal to the incoming RF signal.

Edited by MauAnouk2012
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MauAnouk2012 said:

. unfortunately, however, a problem arises .... everything is ok with a fixed image. When we start the game this happens ...... all in spurts ?

---

I'll insert the video as soon as possible.

-.....Maybe we should try a more serious PAL / NTSC / PAL converter.

here is the video.

Audio is OK ... video   ??

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 3:04 PM, MauAnouk2012 said:

here is the video.

Audio is OK ... video   

??

If that video doesn't work for you, like it doesn't work for me, I think this one with the 2600 shows the same effect of the low price NTSC to PAL to NTSC converter.

There is another video with the MUCH more expensive and rare NTSC to PAL to NTSC converter: