lapinbeau

Looking to buy a Colecovision Component (YPbPr) Cable Mod.

Hi, I recently came into possession of a working Colecovision, and I've been looking all over for someone who can do a mod that allows it to work with Component (YPbPr) Cables.

Is there anyone on this forum who can do it, or at least point me in the right direction? I can't seem to find any available services that offer a component upgrade, just composite/RCA.

Obviously I'm willing to pay for the mod and its installation, as well as shipping.

I saw a video of a component modded Coleco, so I know it CAN be done, but I can't currently find the means to do so.

Edited by lapinbeau

The mod in the video is one that 5-11under designed and sold for a limited time at the end of 2009 and into 2010.  Unfortunately it's no longer available.  Checkout this thread for more information.  One of my CVs has this mod and it works great apart from a blue tinge to black backgrounds.

Also, the_crayon_king started to design a new component video mod but there have been no updates since early 2018.

My o-scope is iffy. I got component to work with just sending the outputs of the TMS9928A through a 75 ohm resistor and 220uf capacitor.

That kinda stuff will only work on a old school CRT and is not at all correct.

Capture.thumb.PNG.44119f9aff1f508634dc68b72cd99fc5.PNG

another way to write this would be to look at the range

0.9v black to white min; 0.7v black to white nominal; 1.1v black to white max.

0.4v black to sync min;  0.5 black to sync nominal; 0.5 black to sync max.

1.3 white to sync min; 1.2 white to sync nominal; 1.6 white to sync max

I do not think the input can be divided before going into the amp (I did not consider this earlier)., instead block the DC with 0.1uf capacitors

if sync is present on R-Y and B-Y then you probably don't need pull up resistors.

I will draw up what I am talking about later I have to backtrack a bit because I wasn't thinking about the offset.

Edited by the_crayon_king
clarity