S.BAZ 39 points
jblenkle 38 points
Mangia-Boy 8 points

Link to manual 

https://atariage.com/manual_html_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=1901  

Any corrections please post

s_CheckeredFlag_1.png

Edited by roadrunner

Adding mine, though it's not as good as several of the existing times.  I feel like this was just about a perfect run for this time, I don't know how much else I can trim it, let alone by 6-7 entire seconds :)  I'll see about giving it some more tries later this month, but until then, here's my best.  1417739589_checkeredflagcomp1.thumb.jpg.809638ae15d4e7f542d6f7d1fd2fceb0.jpg

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

3:04.16 is what i can manage so far

Very predictable handling patter in the game; you just have to remember which turns you need to brake for and which you can power through.

I feel like the more i race this one; the more you really shouldn't have to brake at all? 

These curves in the yellow squares are the curves where I find myself needing to apply the brake.  I can do everything else at full blast.  I experimented with the manual transmission and intentionally dropping gears, but that automatically de-accelerates you much more than needed to get through the turns with the brake, reducing the average speed and leading to a slower run.  So I guess doing a manual transmission is the best in order to have a faster accceleration in the beginning, but there is no other advantage as top speed is the same with automatic, and you will never want to go down a gear for the entire race (nor do you need to in order to do the curves).  

958014501_miamilynx.jpg.c616a993288a0a43bca1efe362b30a92.jpg

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

These curves in the yellow squares are the curves where I find myself needing to apply the brake.  I can do everything else at full blast.  I experimented with the manual transmission and intentionally dropping gears, but that automatically de-accelerates you much more than needed to get through the turns with the brake, reducing the average speed and leading to a slower run.  So I guess doing a manual transmission is the best in order to have a faster accceleration in the beginning, but there is no other advantage as top speed is the same with automatic, and you will never want to go down a gear for the entire race (nor do you need to in order to do the curves).  

958014501_miamilynx.jpg.c616a993288a0a43bca1efe362b30a92.jpg

hello

normally you can do curves number 1, 2 and 5 at full speed. it is a matter of position and anticipation. for number 3 and 4 you actually don t have to use the brake but only to release speed early enough and then re accelerate at the right time. i m trying to see which alternative is the fastest..

manual mode is only a benefit at start up to reach full speed some milliseconds earlier than auto mode. i have only tried the 4 speed manual mode.

good luck

• Like 2