IGNORED

Intellivision Day 2019 Approaches!

First Spear

I heard that the fun ministers at Intv Prime are once again providing another game-play sign-up sheet for Intellivision Day:

http://go.pkg.cc/ipd2019

The idea of Intellivision Day is to get as many community members playing any one game in the Intellivision catalog for an hour, to celebrate the "birthday" of the console on December 3rd. No strings attached, just know that you are taking part in a community effort dedicated to (retro) video game fun.

The sign-up sheet allows any one person to state on a first come, first serve basis that they are committing to playing a game. If one person signs up for a game before you, just find another, to make sure we get coverage of every game. There will be "Independent Game" open spots for people to register to play a title published recently that is not part of the original 125 releases.

On this December 3rd, we celebrate the console's 40th birthday!

Let's do this!

• Like 2

I'm happy to see some of the homebrews have made the list, including "Blix with or without Chocolate Mine."  At the very bottom is "21st Century Independents" with three sign-up slots.

But it seems the homebrews stop populating the list after "D2K Arcade."  Perhaps the list is currently being updated.  I'll wait before signing up to see if the rest of the homebrews make the cut.

Last year, I signed up to play Backgammon because I thought nobody else would want that, and because it wasn't too hard to play on a mobile phone.  This year, I'll probably go for a homebrew other than mine.  Maybe "Super Chef BT" if ROM hacks are included.

36 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

Any way to do this without being a Twit? ?

Seriously though. I don't have a twitter account and when I click the link above in FireFox I get server not found.

I think the site is just down.  The link worked for me yesterday, but it's not working now.  I also have no Twitter.

58 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I think the site is just down.  The link worked for me yesterday, but it's not working now.  I also have no Twitter.

I tried too.

It asked me tons of questions to join Twitter which I really dont need.

Anyway,I will be playing Chocolate mine I am only a couple rounds away from beating it.

Patience is the key,think first move later...?

• Like 2

The operations department at Intv Prime evidently had some issues with contractors that handle DDoS protection and CDN. While they get that straight, the site is back up.

Twitter isn't related to the site, just hit https://intvprime.com/intellivision-day-sign-up/

Edited by First Spear

1 hour ago, squidnik said:

Dreadnought is missing from the list

I saw it there as "The Dreadnaught Factor". May the "The" needs to get pulled from the titles to make things easier to find. I will file a request to the Catalogs Committee within Intv Prime's data management team and ask what they can do there.

6 hours ago, First Spear said:

I saw it there as "The Dreadnaught Factor". May the "The" needs to get pulled from the titles to make things easier to find. I will file a request to the Catalogs Committee within Intv Prime's data management team and ask what they can do there.

You are right, I just didn't scroll down far enough - thanks!

• 4 weeks later...