IGNORED

WOAT - The Action Max?

Mockduck

Exactly.

I wouldn't even classify the Action Max as a video game, because it doesn't make video and from what I read, it doesn't do anything that registering hits; that is, the creators didn't even included a way for the "system" to drop a video overlay (or heck, let's be generous, a LED/VFD display that you would put on the side of your screen) that tells you if you hit or miss your target.

Basically it's just an accuracy measuring tool. So it's not a video game system, and I would barely classify it as an electronic game system.

I think it toes the line between interactive video toy and console, but I put it as a console due to individual game tapes (literally in this case) being sold. 

Essentially it just reads specially-colored flashes on the screen in combo with a small light you suction cup to the corner of your TV (just like all good consoles do.) :) I noticed they did use the word "video games" in their advertising, so maybe that's another nod to it being a console. A truly terrible one, and only barely a console, but maybe a console nonetheless.