IGNORED

CC-40 3d printed replacement cartridge case

curtis

I've been working with amiman99 for the past few weeks and he has come up with a replacement 3D printed case for CC-40 cartridges.  He has graciously released this to the public for others who need these.

One note, these will not quite fit the new EEPROM cartridges from Retro Innovations as it covers the DIP switch and using a socket for the EEPROM makes it a bit taller than allowed for in the case.

He is working on a modification for allow for those 2 exceptions and, if he is willing, he may release the altered design here.

However, if you're just needing a replacement case for a regular cartridge AND you have a 3D printer, here are the necessary files.

Enjoy,

Curtis

cc40carts.zip

• Like 5

I am thinking I need to start making some dimensional drawings for some of these projects (printed cases, system chassis, et al.)

It would make some of these tasks much easier in the future.  These cases don't look that complicated; I could have whipped out a case model set in under 20 min with a dimensional drawing in hand.

I have calipers, I should start taking measurements of various bits and bobs, and making dimensional drawings.

Do you think the rest of the community would appreciate the effort?

2 minutes ago, dhe said:

Hi,

I printed the multicart case. Didn't work in my case. The socketed EPROM sits to high.

Would probably work if the EPROM has just soldered in.

Pluses - the bottom works great! ?

Good work though...

Dan

Dan, did you print the original case or the one with the opening?

Mine fits perfectly when using the case with the opening.

If it still doesn't work, don's email me!  I'm just the guy who saw a need and opened it up to the community!

@weird_w  I'm thinking there will be people who could use different cases.  Heck, there are probably people who could use a full 4A case!  So, if you like tinkering with stuff like this, knock yourself out!

Here's a thought, how about that gear in the printer/plotter that keeps stripping out!  I know several people who'd be all over that one.

5 minutes ago, curtis said:

Yea, I printed the case with the opening.

>If it still doesn't work, don's email me!  I'm just the guy who saw a need and opened it up to the community!

I wasn't particularly don's emailing you, I thought I might let others know my experience and save them a print with problems.

Dan

sorry, I did not have notifications on for this topic and did not see reply.

My first attempt I made was a taller top, but then I redid it and made it smaller.

Let me see if I still have the taller version, if not, I will make you one.

@dhe looks like you are about 1mm too tall, maybe your eeprom legs are too long, or the chip is not pushed in all the way, who knows.

Found it in my Recycled Bin, it's 2mm taller then the other one. See if it works.

cc40-eeprom-tall-top.zip

Edited by amiman99
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...