IGNORED

Sideport SAMS?

jrhodes

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

The first boards in this pre-order will use the same power supply as the 32k in the near future the connector will change to USB and I'll announce that when it happens

Shipping to Denmark costs $55. Are there no other options?

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

I don't have the "first class mail" option. There's U.S.P.S. Priority Mail International but that's still $41.45.

I would advise that if there is a possibility to send from inside Europe (e.g. hungary) to Europe that is certainly an option.

In the last few years I've had quite some effort having to go to german customs to pay european import taxes (or worse not being allowed to take the US electronics with me because they don't conform to the european CE-label (had that with the colecovision phoenix).

EDIT: I'm also interested in one, but only when shipping from inside Europe. Don't mind paying extra for ArcadeShopper, just hate the hassle having to go pickup the electronics in person at customs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

ok i fixed it.. should be $18.50

That's very reasonable, but if shipping within the EU could be arranged I would rather use that, since custom duties from the US adds another $30 (at least). 

Edited by Asmusr

5 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

That's very reasonable, but if shipping within the EU could be arranged I would rather use that, since custom duties from the US adds another $30 (at least). 

While ago I told about it to Gregory. He doesnt have idea how it works here in EU.

US citizens got 2.500USD declared value customs free limit :D not only 22EUR like we do

41 minutes ago, tdididit said:

While ago I told about it to Gregory. He doesnt have idea how it works here in EU.

US citizens got 2.500USD declared value customs free limit :D not only 22EUR like we do

It's a strange world where stuff from China is shipped for free and usually without any custom duties, while goods from the US are expensive to ship and heavily taxed.

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

It's a strange world where stuff from China are shipped for free and usually without any custom duties, while goods from the US are expensive to ship and heavily taxed.

Part of that is the VAT since their taxing structure is different than ours.

When the exchange rate was good between the US and Japan, I was having new gliders made in Vietnam with me making payment made in Euros to a French company, product shipped to the US, and then me shipping to Japan cheaper than the Japanese could buy locally from their dealers.  Same product from same manufacturing company.  I was saving them $500 to $1000 for each glider I sold and still making a very nice profit.

Beery

• Like 1

I'll ship it from Hungary and refund the difference if there is any.. pick first class and it should be a wash with reg mail from there or priority mail if you want it to go the other way

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

With SAMS widely available, I think it might be time for a programming competition where we look at the best use for abundant RAM on the TI-99/4A.

I imagine participants would submit a size limited program, e.g. max 8K, but would be allowed to expand into all the SAMS available.

Does that sound interesting to anyone?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Asmusr said:

With SAMS widely available, I think it might be time for a programming competition where we look at the best use for abundant RAM on the TI-99/4A.

I imagine participants would submit a size limited program, e.g. max 8K, but would be allowed to expand into all the SAMS available.

Does that sound interesting to anyone?

Definitely make this it's own topic to see if others are interested. 

• Like 1