IGNORED

Sideport SAMS?

jrhodes

From a business perspective, sharing the design is not a move I'd personally make, especially after having spent personal funds to commission the design and construction.

It's also a pretty smart move (at least from my standpoint), as there are quite a few TIPI's out there, many people may be interested in upgrading as newer and greater programs become available requiring that extra memory.   Sharing the design at this point in time, would be like slitting your own throat, at least when it comes to recouping ones loss.

I don't really consider it a loss it's more of an investment in the TI community.. but definitely there's some expenses that would be nice to be recouped however I don't make a lot of money on any of the hardware I sell. If I really look at it I operate at a loss no matter how many sell. Yet I keep investing in new hardware purchasing lots of old stuff etc hopefully keeping the community moving forward.. having a SAMS sidecar setup has been a desire of mine for about 2 years now.. finally becoming a reality.

Greg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

19 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

I don't really consider it a loss it's more of an investment in the TI community.. but definitely there's some expenses that would be nice to be recouped however I don't make a lot of money on any of the hardware I sell. If I really look at it I operate at a loss no matter how many sell. Yet I keep investing in new hardware purchasing lots of old stuff etc hopefully keeping the community moving forward.. having a SAMS sidecar setup has been a desire of mine for about 2 years now.. finally becoming a reality.

Greg

17 hours ago, adamantyr said:

I have no problem with paying for high quality work and creative endeavor.

One thing the TI community taught me a long time ago was respecting the value of creative talent and producers. I saw first-hand what software piracy did to the community.

Don't get me wrong.

It was not my intention to produce and sell SAMS boards.

I'm only interested to make the boards myself for me and a few other people as i did with TIPI&32K.

I don't want to make profit !!

I bought a lot of stuff at arcadeshopper in the past.

But buying in the US is sometimes expensive for people from europe because of shipping and taxes.

Its much cheaper to build stuff for yourself with good instructions like TIPI.

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong.
It was not my intention to produce and sell SAMS boards.

I'm only interested to make the boards myself for me and a few other people as i did with TIPI&32K.
I don't want to make profit !!

But buying in the US is sometimes expensive for people from europe because of shipping and taxes.

I'm happy to ship from my manufacturer in eu as I already posted here.. in fact boards are already on their way to rasmus and 2 other eu customers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmicBoy said:

TIPI & RAMpack32K parts you can order everywhere at one place for SAMS you cant. If you count cost of parts from your local distributors and you will find genuine MAPPER chip in total with shippings, customs and other costs you will be close to arcadeshopper webshop price anyway :)

• Like 2

On 3/3/2020 at 1:16 PM, arcadeshopper said:

I'm happy to ship from my manufacturer in eu as I already posted here.. in fact boards are already on their way to rasmus and 2 other eu customers

Mine has arrived already ?. It's amazing how small it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mine arrived today, has tested it, but I can´t get the computer to start if I have the speech synth attached. All I get is a screaming sound and black flickering screen.

Without the speech, all starts up and the Sams works fine.

Someone else who experience the same problem?

Edited by Nick99

Man, I can't believe these boards are going out so quick after we learned the design was good to go.  Miracles of modern manufacturing (and community dedication and innovation).

So will all the boards from the initial batch (the first ten, I believe it was) be going out in the short term? 

Admission: I have no reasonable justification for my insatiable eagerness to get my greedy little hands on this product - I have plenty of existing projects to keep me busy regardless.  Still, I can't wait.