IGNORED

Sideport SAMS?

jrhodes

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

Oh..so many things to do.. and no $$$$

Ah yes, life's issues hold so many of us back and they can be numerous...

1) Money

2) Time

3) Skills

4) Knowledge

5) Age/medical related decline 3 & 4 which can effect #1

6) Required tools

Years ago there used to be a guy here (I'm not mentioning a name) that drove some people away by looking down his nose on others with a dripping attitude of condescension and a belief in his own superiority.  I'll admit, every time I saw a snarky response to someone who mentioned a like or want get shot down it drove me nuts... because even I have been known to bring up items I'd like to have.  Personally I think mentioning needs and wants can drive the market, get conversation started and bring like minds together, but for that dude, well, enough said.

• Haha 1

It seems many tipi users struggle without passthru edge connector, so i made an adapter

edge connector - can be soldered direct into any sidecar expansion without edge connector (lowest budget, minimal soldering skills needed)

ti99-edgeadapter-edge.thumb.png.ee7fb975d0ebd26d27dffa091dca26f8.png

adapter for barrel plug devices - plug & play

ti99-edgeadapter-barrel.thumb.png.ada4b3942f69ea0030e564ff223cf340.png

adapter for usb powered devices - plug & play

ti99-edgeadapter-usb.thumb.png.0b3557a92cb387195bd76e24d4b73031.png

Edited by tdididit
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, GDMike said:

I was looking at the NanoPeb. And Im not sure about the clearance for a sideport passthrough.. but I guess there is a connector?

In nanoPEB indeed can be hard (not impossible), but you can install adapter on SAMS or TIPI and plug nanoPEB as a last sidecar device.

Next week i will show how it looks "in live" - boards added to my pending boardhouse order, should be shipped monday

Edited by tdididit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I would love to finish my product using NanoPeb.. Owens ram drive as nice as it is, has dumped on me a couple times.. oh of course I love it as it has saved me lots of time at compilation time, but I Wish I had my own ramdisk, or get my NanoPeb to see a SAMs sidemount since I'm trying to make an application that takes advantage of SAMs. But, it's all good

Edited by GDMike

2 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Yes, I would love to finish my product using NanoPeb.. Owens ram drive as nice as it is, has dumped on me a couple times.. oh of course I love it as it has saved me lots of time at compilation time, but I Wish I has my own ramdisk, or get my NanoPeb to see a SAMs sidemount since I'm trying to make an application for that tales advantage of SAMs. But, it's all good

First of all you should remember that SAMS and nanoPEB are not made to work together - SAMS will collide with 32k RAM from nanoPEB.

Maybe you should ask about redesigned nanoPEB to be compatible with jedimatt42 32k rampack & SAMS?

I think you should wait for my coming uPEB project where you will be able to decide what cards should be present in your system configuration.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Yep, we, well others, have discussed this as my 32k doesn't work in my NanoPeb..it's all ok

I remember, but i think that nanoPEB designer should do something with hardware compatibility.

I get from my friend around 5 nanoPEBs, each looks different and each got other issues working alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh..ok . copy that. I was under the impression the designer wouldn't make additions or changes.. but only fixes..

But it's a great product, should definitely add on to it..even including speech into it and Tipi..it's using external power already..pack it!!!lol

Ok...I'm reaching

On 3/5/2020 at 4:07 PM, tdididit said:

First view on assembled SAMS with mini USB connector :)

88169097_2851901198257852_7365962860754632704_n.thumb.jpg.1825d9a15f9be25e4a819bcff4d33f66.jpg

88313749_2783816491686819_4042526470008995840_n.thumb.jpg.ad621cf6370e2556bc67172740ab30ad.jpg

20pcs assembled for arcadeshopper.com. 7+10pcs are waiting for parcel pickup.

30pcs USB version left at EU stock.

uPEB & CorComp 9900 FDC for uPEB soon :P

WHAT IS THIS uPEB ETC ?

• Like 1

uPEB (micro PEB) is my coming project.

Sidecar rail for 2, 4 or 8 dedicated cards. Pass-thru so you can join together few rails or sidecar interfaces 

uPEB card dimensions are 60x100mm

I am working now on hardest CC9900 card. HDC, RS232, PRINTER & TIPI will go faster

• Like 3

Are you really Keen on using that microusb for power..

personally I hate those, but if it goes with the flow...

I'll still admire it regardless as I can grow to love it.  How do other like that? Was everyone else ok with that? I know you don't need our opinion but is it just me? 

Don't those USB Ports go bad like quickly?

Damn there I go again.

plzforgive me.

I love your project!!!

5 minutes ago, gpaJeb said:

Sounds like what I want,

I gather that this sams also provides 32k ?

and will eventually fit in the uPEB.

SAMS is 32x 32k rampacks in one sidecar interface.

Apps & games made for 32k expansion will work with SAMS

Coming week I will show my pass-thru adapter for jedimatt42 pin connector standard.

With it you will be able to connect uPEB or any other sidecar interface to SAMS or SAMS+TIPI expansions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, tdididit said:

it is mini usb not micro :)

for barrel plug lovers there is adapter https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Power-Mini-USB-5-Pin-to-5-5-x-2-1mm-Female-Jack-Adapter-Charging-Cable-15cm-/252846858848

I never heard about ripped off mini usb port ;)

I put 10 of these on order will see how long china gets to get them here

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to decrease the width of those lands just a little--the PEB side port connector easily shorts across pins already when it moves, and the separation between them on your connector is pretty narrow. That will make the construction very sensitive to accidental movement.

• Like 2