IGNORED

Boulder Dash® 2022 release!

Andrew Davie

Congrats Andrew and Thomas on working to release an updated version - based on past information this was clearly a big step for you guys to go back and for the community to benefit again from your hard work.  Thank you ??? 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Dionoid said:

And great decision to do the new Boulder Dash as a unlimited run, so that the original run (limited to 200 carts) still keeps its value.

There will be significant differences in packaging/contents that make the original still a very attractive purchase.

• Like 6

As one of the lucky people who got to play the game during it's voyage around the world tour... I will be looking for the unlimited release in the AtariAge store.  I had a lot of fun during my week or so with the game... I didn't get enough time to really get good... heck I wasn't even decent at it by the time I was mailing it off to the next participant.

I remember writing my review of the game and posted my thoughts in that thread.  Some fun stuff there... it was such a fun idea and a fun project to participate in.  Glad to hear your work will continue to be enjoyed by more and more fans!  Congrats!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If this goes well, perhaps you might consider porting the sequel, Rockford, too. I played the dos version quite a bit as a child. It looks just like a re-skin (five re-skins, I think), but I am not a Boulder Dash expert so I may be wrong there.

I liked playing the doctor levels in particular.

• Like 1

If this goes well, perhaps you might consider porting the sequel, Rockford, too. I played the dos version quite a bit as a child. It looks just like a re-skin (five re-skins, I think), but I am not a Boulder Dash expert so I may be wrong there.

I liked playing the doctor levels in particular.

I second this! It would be great to have the sequel on the VCS.

• 2 weeks later...

It's so neat that the original box states that the screenshot is an "actual game screen"! Oh, and a reproduction of that box would really be icing on the cake - crossing my fingers for the best, and hoping for a First Star Software logo to highlight its official Boulder Dash status!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McFlurrry said:

It's so neat that the original box states that the screenshot is an "actual game screen"! Oh, and a reproduction of that box would really be icing on the cake - crossing my fingers for the best, and hoping for a First Star Software logo to highlight its official Boulder Dash status!

Boulder Dash is not owned by First Star Software anymore, so that one is out.

• Like 1