IGNORED

1979 Cassettes for Ti99/4

granata1975

Morning all, on one of my only too rare days off I came across an interesting nugget.

A claim that a company called Image Computer Products created games on cassette for the 99/4 in 1979.

Apparently they were included in a brochure produced by the company and could be purchased by mail order

using forms sent out to 99/4 owners.

They would be the only cassette based software available to buy in 1979.

However it appears none of these have ever been found in the wild.

Anyone have any info regarding  whether this titles actually existed or were sold?

If so must only have been in small quantities.

Game titles were Wildcatting, Tournament Brick Bat, Strategy Pack I, Wall Street Challenge, Mind Master and Skill Builder I.

• Like 2

More on the company:

From www.mobygames.com:

"The Image Producers started out as an advertising agency, founded by Bill Moulds in Indiana. Later relocating to Northbrook, Illinois, Bill decided to get into the fledgling software market, and hired Dick Ainsworth and Al Baker as the creative and technical heads for the new software division. Al Baker was also a columnist with Kilobaud magazine in the late 1970's, and is still active in software to this day (see http://www.albaker.com).

Also see youtube for a fairly recent interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpsmF2AeCOU

Wildcatting was reviewed on page 36 of the first issue of 99er Magazine.

You can read the review at wht: http://ftp.whtech.com/magazines/99er/99er8105.pdf

regards

Edited by blackbox

34 minutes ago, blackbox said:

This is the only one I can find....

15020 PRINT TAB(9);"WILDCATTING": : : :
15030 PRINT: : : :TAB(5);"COPYRIGHT (C) 1980"
15040 PRINT " THE IMAGE PRODUCERS,INC.": : : : :

disk image attached.

wildcat.dsk 90 kB · 2 downloads

Is there a version of this file in .wav format? I'd love to see what kind of game this is...

I have on of the original tapes for Wildcatting and a complete copy of Wall Street Challenge (in sealed, original packaging). The tapes used a blue cassette shell for all of their games. The two I have are the only ones I've seen physical copies of in the wild, although I have seen the file for Tournament Brick Bat somewhere on a disk as well. They were only released on cassette though, so that disk file I saw would have been a pirated copy.