IGNORED

Look Nintendo.

Elvis

4 hours ago, bradhig1 said:

parents were alot smarter back then.  Now they need apps to turn off the wifi when they leave the kids at home for awhile.

Those exist? Why can't they just pull the line out of the router if they don't want their kids using the wifi?

15 hours ago, Magmavision2000 said:

Those exist? Why can't they just pull the line out of the router if they don't want their kids using the wifi?

In my router, I can block any device by MAC address, which I have to resort to constantly because the kids won't detach themselves from their electronics even if there was like a tornado coming through.   And if we take their iPad away, they simply switch to something else to get their fix.   So I have to block any device they might use as punishment.

13 minutes ago, zzip said:

In my router, I can block any device by MAC address, which I have to resort to constantly because the kids won't detach themselves from their electronics even if there was like a tornado coming through.   And if we take their iPad away, they simply switch to something else to get their fix.   So I have to block any device they might use as punishment.

Be ready for the day they learn how to spoof MAC addresses.

22 hours ago, FujiSkunk said:

Be ready for the day they learn how to spoof MAC addresses.

Then you could be proud of himher, in an era where most kids have no idea of the difference between WiFi and 3G/4G/5G (and don't know the difference between those except that "It's faster"!) have no notion of what is a file system, and I mean what is a file, and what is a folder, and how to access it outside of the "open file" option in whatever app/software they use.

If my kid would learn how to bypass my router security, then I'd say "Alright, you deserve it"

• Like 4

On 11/6/2019 at 9:56 AM, Elvis said:

Look. Wow. Not much to say about this device. 

I guess it depends on the type of kid you were, Some kids would just deal with it, others, like myself, would wait till the parents are out, pull out my Nintendo bits (as I had some back then) and pull apart the cart, get the board right in the slot(as you could go around that and use some needle nose pliers to get it in the slot) and play the game... 

If they came home, shut off the system and pop it back up, my parents would not even notice the little board in the bottom of the slot :)

• Like 1