IGNORED

should i sell games individually or separately on Ebay?

need to sell some games worth around $20-30 or more and was wondering if it would make more sense to sell them individually or at once. i got Keith courage, Galaga '90, dungeon explorer and alien crush for the TG16 and was wondering. Also i got Goldeneye 007, perfect dark and Mario 64(the tg16 lot would be separate than the N64 lot if i decide on a lot for them)

Definitely separately. That way, those that are looking for, for example, Goldeneye, will be able to purchase that; those looking for Galaga '90 will be able to purchase that, etc. Most do not need all games in a lot and will be turned off by the lot. Of course there are exceptions to that, but that's the general rule. Happy Selling!

4 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Definitely separately. That way, those that are looking for, for example, Goldeneye, will be able to purchase that; those looking for Galaga '90 will be able to purchase that, etc. Most do not need all games in a lot and will be turned off by the lot. Of course there are exceptions to that, but that's the general rule. Happy Selling!

ok thanks a bunch. should i start the bidding at 20 dollars or lower at 1.00?

Edited by TheObscureGamer

Totally your call on bidding start price. One school of thought is that starting the bidding at a lower figure like $1.00 draws significant interest upfront and encourages early bidding, while a $20 opening bid will lead more people to "watch" an auction and then bid closer to the end. Then again, perhaps you could just do a "Buy It Now" listing with Best Offers enabled (if you'd consider taking less than your list price) for a good number of these games? These days, Buy It Now listings typically fetch a higher dollar amount than auctions. Using a site like GameValueNow.com and/or eBay sold listings is a good way to get an idea as to current market value.

I've found that a lot has changed over the years. Back in the day it used to be best to price at $1 and things would price themselves. These days I've had things that probably should have been $10 or so end up going for $1 because not enough people actually noticed it. If it's something that is constantly selling (like an old iPhone) then you can count on that pricing itself, but if it's a medium rarity cart I wouldn't risk it. Make the minimum something that you won't be dreadfully upset if it actually sells at. Also, include a Buy-It-Now. I know it's tempting to want things to price themselves, but since Amazon Prime exists people want things fast and Buy-It-Now is faster than waiting for an auction to end.

• Like 1

My best-performing listings started at $0.01. If you KNOW it's going to sell for significantly more, why discourage anyone from getting involved early? That's what $20 for Goldeneye 007 does.

Try to distinguish yours somehow to give people an excuse to bid more for yours. If that means a freebie or a printed poster, do it!