Here's a shot from my 600XL, if it helps.  It has been upgraded to 64K of internal RAM and Rev. C BASIC, so those items are correct.

IMG_0258.jpg

• Thanks 1

Here is my test on stock PAL 600XL. The OS ROM is not detected correctly ;( IMG_4666.thumb.JPG.4e11d384630e1102aa5a9be5a27521dd.JPG  ps. thanks for sending a test version and please let me know if more tests are needed:)

Edited by mikesk8
added PAL
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Here's a shot from my 600XL, if it helps.  It has been upgraded to 64K of internal RAM and Rev. C BASIC, so those items are correct.

thanks for the feedback 👍

6 hours ago, mikesk8 said:

Here is my test on stock PAL 600XL. The OS ROM is not detected correctly ;( ps. thanks for sending a test version and please let me know if more tests are needed:)

thank you very much for the test at least no longer detects it as 400/800, just the same thing happens to me in the emulator does not detect me well when it is 600XL of 16k. I will continue investigating the case ....😅

when I have something I'll let you know for another test.😉

4 hours ago, tmp said:

a cosmetic issue, it says "RAM : 1088 KBtari" here

thanks for taking the time to report it. 👍

IMG_4671.thumb.JPG.0acb7e844e598e604e5f5682c1e9055c.JPG Thanks. It seems all issues are solved now! :) All the data are correct on my stock 600xl :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2021 at 7:53 AM, mikesk8 said:

Thanks. It seems all issues are solved now! :) All the data are correct on my stock 600xl :)

No problem, I'm happy for you to test and report bugs. We are now releasing the final version 1.7 for everyone.😉

• Like 3

Very nice program... I am going thru all of my A8 hardware now and this is coming in handy.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 1:20 PM, bf2k+ said:

Very nice program... I am going thru all of my A8 hardware now and this is coming in handy.

I'm glad that's what it was created for, if you find something strange don't hesitate to let us know here. 😉

Here's a strange one...  this 800XL has a 256k Rambo upgrade in it.  HWD is reporting 40kb Ram.  Sorry for all the reflected lights in the image.  Also it should be a stock Basic ROM probably rev B.

image.thumb.png.a224d3cf781ee42d5732b7a7111b7f1c.png

On 10/7/2021 at 1:36 PM, bf2k+ said:

Here's a strange one...  this 800XL has a 256k Rambo upgrade in it.  HWD is reporting 40kb Ram.  Sorry for all the reflected lights in the image.  Also it should be a stock Basic ROM probably rev B.

image.thumb.png.a224d3cf781ee42d5732b7a7111b7f1c.png

thank you very much for the report😉, it seems to think it's a 400/800 that's why I detected 40kb.

can you run the following line in basic to see if I am correct.

? PEEK(64728)

peek(64728) = 76

Both of my Rambo 256k machines are exhibiting the same behavior.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:06 PM, bf2k+ said:

peek(64728) = 76

Both of my Rambo 256k machines are exhibiting the same behavior.

Thank you very much, with that I rule out problems in the OS-A or OS-B detection.😁

Now I did some tests and I was able to replicate the symptom in the emulator, when you have some time try this version.

hw-detect_b.xex