IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 13 ~ Centipede

Vocelli

Attention, 2600 HSClubers.

Unless otherwise noted by Vocelli, and before asking questions about this HSC Rules,

DON'T USE TRAK-BALL SERIES CARTRIDGES (which are available at AtariAge Store).

USE ORIGINAL RELEASES, PLEASE!!

The Atari 2600 Trak-Ball games include Centipede, Colony 7, Plaque Attack and Millipede.

4 hours ago, Novastar said:

I don't think I can do better than this.

I set a goal to get to 20K before I lost a life, this was the only time I did it.  Creating corridors as explained in the manual was really helpful, as knowing when you get extra lives (at 10K).  So don't do anything dangerous when you are about to get a new life.

If you set Difficulty Switches to A/Expert, don't worry - they have no effect on Centipede.

• Like 1

New score:  62947

Not quite as good as the last one but now with twice as much "not cheating".

centipede.png

FYI: I must have hit F1 on stella, F2 is reset.  Total accident.  Funny thing was, I didn't identify it as a teddy bear.  I thought I had unlocked an award ALA Enduro.  I thought it was a centepede. :)

Edited by Novastar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Novastar said:

New score:  62947

Not quite as good as the last one but now with twice as much "not cheating".

centipede.png

FYI: I must have hit F1 on stella, F2 is reset.  Total accident.  Funny thing was, I didn't identify it as a teddy bear.  I thought I had unlocked an award ALA Enduro.  I thought it was a centepede. :)

Nah, Man, you posted the pic of the score before, with the Teddy Bear-Obviously you got confused, I don't think "cheat" is in the equation.

My own personal brain farts can sometimes be smelled miles away!

:D

Nice Score!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AtariWarlord said:

61.601. Just to make sure, the default game IS the game you get if you press the button or hit "reset" from the home screen right? It doesn't do anything crappy like default to teddy bear mode does it?

Centipede (1983) (Atari)_5.png

That is correct. You will not get the teddy bear unless you first hit the game select switch, and even then, you will see it right away if you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Atari_Warlord said:

I was always better at the 7800 version which I played way more than this one.  I pulled out my old high score book and saw the number was in the 19,000 range.  It took me about 20 tries, but finally managed to beat it.

Centipede.jpg

Am I the only one here jealous of this guy with this fantastic rig? LoL! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Atari_Warlord said:

It's a custom from Extreme Home Arcade. Every suggestion I gave them, they were able to incorporate.  Here are all the design elements.  Now back to high scores.

Arcade.jpg

You can actually PAY for such a wonder? I am no woodworker, so this is good news for me (unless they just do the exteriors and it's up to me to build the cabinet).

• Like 3