IGNORED

ISO (hard): Tronics cartridges (red and white label)

Opry99er

The only Tronics carts I have ever seen in the wild were the six game cartridges. I've never seen any of the five school management carts with a Tronics label--and for that matter, there are no more than five or six of any of the school management cartridges in the wild with a Scott Foresman label either. All of those fit into the mega rare category.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

The only Tronics carts I have ever seen in the wild were the six game cartridges. I've never seen any of the five school management carts with a Tronics label--and for that matter, there are no more than five or six of any of the school management cartridges in the wild with a Scott Foresman label either. All of those fit into the mega rare category.

Thanks for the info, Jim!  I know we had at least two of the non-game carts back in the day (directly from the Tronics warehouse).  What a pity they're all gone now.  :( 

• Sad 1

I just validated my manual set, Owen. The only Tronics manual I have is for Picture Parts. I also compared it to both varieties if the Scott Foresman manual. All of the changes are in the first and last few pages, mostly to change things to Tronics instead of Scott Foresman. The content is otherwise identical. Note also that there is a secondary way to get the Tronics labelled cartridges: look for the Scott Foresman versions of the six math games with red text labels (as opposed to the normal blue text). Look carefully and you will see that the red labels are applied over a Tronics label. It is possible to carefully remove them without destroying the Tronics label (I did this once BITD to try to figure out what the underlying label was). It is a bit easier to find cartridges like this than it is to find the native Tronics label by itself. Note that the SF version with red print is a lot harder to find than the ones with the blue text labels, but they are a lot more common than the ones wih just a Tronics label.

• Like 1

Wow Owen!
them are two fantastic manuals! i also never seen them before and i didn't know that tronics had made custom manuals for their cartridges.
instead, about cartridges, I got SF cartridges that if I took off the label there was under the tronics one.

maybe the tronics were relabelled and resold as SF?

The use the same GROMs. The cartridges were prepared for Tronics but ended up in overstock status. Scott Foresman then relabeled them and sold them with the two-page manuals later on, as the math games series was pretty popular and it didn't make sense to write them off. The physical cartridges were produced by TI and sold to SF in bulk from what I've been able to determine.